QM-Canyon Ranch Spa Question

We2Cruzers

We were last on the QM2 a couple of years ago and really enjoyed the spa. Just checking in with those who have travelled on QM more recently - is the spa still nice and well run? Have spending cut backs made any impact on the overall spa experience? Also, does anyone know whether there is any discount for spa passes when you purchase one for the whole trip vs. buying passes on a daily basis?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

LK

We were last on the QM2 a couple of years ago and really enjoyed the spa. Just checking in with those who have travelled on QM more recently - is the spa still nice and well run? Have spending cut backs made any impact on the overall spa experience? Also, does anyone know whether there is any discount for spa passes when you purchase one for the whole trip vs. buying passes on a daily basis?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

LK

The spa is run seperately from the ship. We've used it frequently & find no cutbacks at all. For the prices(quite steep)there shouldn't be cutbacks!

There is a daily rate of $35 but for a week it is something like $100. It is a very nice facility.

Hmm, can anyone get a weekly rate? Is that for 7 days? Do you have to be "in the know", or "speak to a" particular person"

That you can get a weekly rate at $10 per day is not generally known to the average passenger.

Hmm, can anyone get a weekly rate? Is that for 7 days? Do you have to be "in the know", or "speak to a" particular person"

That you can get a weekly rate at $10 per day is not generally known to the average passenger.

Do you have ten day weeks on your planet?

On day 3 of the cruise, I went to Ranch spa for my pre-booked massage. I got to the spa half an hour earlier to try get a day pass to use the spa facilities before the massage, but was told that all passes sold out.

Apparently a lot of guests bought 3-7 days passes on day 1 of the cruise. In one way it is a good system as they keep the number of guests using the spa to a reasonable level, so that it will not get overcrowded.

That would be because you can't. The weekly rate is about $100. You can speak to any of the staff there to buy it. If you want a $10 per day rate you need to negotiate it with the spa manager and book 42 days on the ship over an 8 week period. If you do both of these simple things and speak nicely, you may be able to arrange it for yourself.

On day 3 of the cruise, I went to Ranch spa for my pre-booked massage. I got to the spa half an hour earlier to try get a day pass to use the spa facilities before the massage, but was told that all passes sold out.

Apparently a lot of guests bought 3-7 days passes on day 1 of the cruise. In one way it is a good system as they keep the number of guests using the spa to a reasonable level, so that it will not get overcrowded.

-----------------

Which ship were you on? QM2? You mention Ranch, and Canyon Ranch runs the QM2 spa, but i am not sure about QE or QV spas. Unless things have changed since December (which they well may have), the usual policy has been that if you were booked for (most) spa appointments and treatments, such as a massage, you were granted full use of the spa for the day.

A pass (day or longer) is usually required/purchased for days when you wish to use the spa only and do not plan any treatments. I do know that HAL ships spas do require passes, and limit the number sold, without regard to treatments purchased. This may be the case, unfortunately, of the newer or newest Cunard ships as well (under different spa management, I believe).

I am particularly curious to know if this happened on the QM2, as I plan to be on board again soon. :)

-----------------

Which ship were you on? QM2? You mention Ranch, and Canyon Ranch runs the QM2 spa, but i am not sure about QE or QV spas. Unless things have changed since December (which they well may have), the usual policy has been that if you were booked for (most) spa appointments and treatments, such as a massage, you were granted full use of the spa for the day.

A pass (day or longer) is usually required/purchased for days when you wish to use the spa only and do not plan any treatments. I do know that HAL ships spas do require passes, and limit the number sold, without regard to treatments purchased. This may be the case, unfortunately, of the newer or newest Cunard ships as well (under different spa management, I believe).

I am particularly curious to know if this happened on the QM2, as I plan to be on board again soon. :)

The spas on QE and QV are run by Steiner or Steiger (apologies for spelling) and Canyon Ranch run QM2. You are correct about about free access on the day that you have a treatment. Perhaps the desk staff weren't aware that a massage had been booked.

We were in an 11 night cruise on the QM2 last June and went the spa on embarkation day with a view to buying a 7 day pass... However, when we got to the desk we were told it would work out more beneficial finacially to have a whole cruise pass and this cost us just $140 each... We didn't have a problem going every day cos a couple of hours in there is such heaven and we exited re-vitalised and ready for the evening ahead. We were first time cruisers so didn't know a whole cruise pass existed so all in all we felt that Canyon Ranch did a good job as they easily could have sold us 7 days and then we no doubt would had bought another 3 day pass. Like the Capt'n says... if they don't automatically offer it, just ask.

Archived