*** The ALL NEW RCI Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

So sorry to hear Mrs Rancher Dave had to fly with a cold - that would be rough on a short flight, much less a long one.

Aggie - :D I agree, the rivalry between the two schools has always been a lot of fun. I also torture a few Sooners every year too. ;)

That's interesting about the terminal - makes complete sense though. With Mariner and Magic, I would imagine they need a little bit more breathing room. Now we just need to make sure the Magic's Captain doesn't ram the pier. (oh no, I went there...)

Husband and son are Longhorns. Other son's wife is a Sooner. When she inherited husband's cell phone it had "Longhorn 2005/6 National Champions" on it when you turned it on. He left it on there for about a year before grudgingly changing it to Boomer Sooner.

Tucker in Texas

My review and pictures are in process. I was only half awake last night and tonight am doing better. If all goes well I should have it up by Sunday afternoon...it will end up on one of my web sites for various reasons.

Back to a bit more surfing and then writing...and bed by a reasonable time tonight.

Just a thought. Do they put the scopolamine patch on the cattle? And who goes down in the hold to change it in 3 days? See what silliness the heat and lack of rain are causing?

Sherry

Checking the cattle goes on all day, at least in the Aussie ships I have seen. Deadloss goes over the side so it does not spread disease to other cattle on board.

No Rockwall or Flowrider for the cattle though...:eek:

I know the working pens and chute get all poopy when I work the cattle...so I'd hate to see how the ship looks at the end of a day...I guess they are constantly washing it down. The make-up of the poop can really eat away at steel so keeping everything clean is critical in the long life of the ship.

Presume they are feeding pellet food as hay is a bit flamable...would seem to be a very hazardous cargo to be used as feed.

The trip to Russia sure will be a long one...especially after the cattle start out on a ranch a day or two ahead of getting on the ship. From Fayette County, I guess they could load up and possibly switch to on the ship all in the matter of a few hours if things flow perfectly smoothly. If they have to sit 5 hours on the dock before load up then I suspect it is an overnight stay at the port before going on the ship so 2 days from ranch to ship more or less.

Well could not wait, so got #1328.

If it is a few feet shorter than other OS, oh well.

Probably put a request for 1320, Would love that one !!!!!

Dave, can't wait for pictures

:rolleyes:

Funny...my parents are staying in 1328 for our March cruise...and we are next door :D

Considering the cattle are coming from Okrahoma and points North and the cruise is 24 days to that port on the black sea, could they qualify diamond before this is all over??:)

I just booked the Magic in January, and the early rate was better than my past cruiser or military discount. They did say a fuel cost could be applied at a later date if that becomes a factor.

I have friends in OK, just not in October!!:D

Hi guys from ummm, err, ahhh... Spokane, Wa. We are going out tonight to eat at PF Changs with some friends. Hey, good news, it may just get to 82 next wed. here. ;)

I have been here many times when it was in the hundreds and it was blasted hot when it did. I keep hoping for a change for you guys, but don't see anything yet.

No kidding about the price increases from Galveston! :eek: Belize and Honduras must be really popular - Prices for that itinerary is really skyrocketing. Plan on forking out $900 per person for that itinerary in February, and over 1,000 for that itinerary in March! Even for the non-spring break cruise! Heck, those prices are higher than prices for 7 night cruises on several ships during the summer months.

If prices are this high during the winter, imagine what they would be in the summer! Not good for us, but good for RCCL. Royal is REALLY missing out by not having a ship here in the summer.

No kidding about the price increases from Galveston! :eek: Belize and Honduras must be really popular - Prices for that itinerary is really skyrocketing. Plan on forking out $900 per person for that itinerary in February, and over 1,000 for that itinerary in March! Even for the non-spring break cruise! Heck, those prices are higher than prices for 7 night cruises on several ships during the summer months.

If prices are this high during the winter, imagine what they would be in the summer! Not good for us, but good for RCCL. Royal is REALLY missing out by not having a ship here in the summer.

I couldnt agree with you more. I would have rather taken a summer cruise out of Galveston. The prices...GEESH>>>and they are now "updating" the excursion itinerary for our cruise...all that means is more Ka-CHING....$$$$

The prices on our cruise in November jumped today big time!

The prices for our 9 night cruise is now $1,209 for an inside stateroom (not a Promenade stateroom...inside)!!! It jumped $300 today. The suites and balconies have been sold out for a while. If one comes open, it's gone fast! :eek: I'm sure some will come available by the time final payment is due in late August, but, you're going to be paying quite a bit for it!

Once we see the dollar strengthen and sustained higher priced cabins out of Galveston on all sailings then we will have a better chance of closing in on a year round ship from here.

The problems in Athens may help push the dollar value up...and weaken the Euro...those are a start in the change of situations...and we are already seeing fewer ships planned for the Med in the future...

Once we see the dollar strengthen and sustained higher priced cabins out of Galveston on all sailings then we will have a better chance of closing in on a year round ship from here.

The problems in Athens may help push the dollar value up...and weaken the Euro...those are a start in the change of situations...and we are already seeing fewer ships planned for the Med in the future...

That and if congress actually makes a real 2 trillion dollar cut to the budget when they raise the debt ceiling.

After looking at the prices maybe this is the year to check out the new port in Jamaica. If not that then we'll be flying to FLL for a 10 or 11 day cruise on Princess or HAL.

That and if congress actually makes a real 2 trillion dollar cut to the budget when they raise the debt ceiling.

After looking at the prices maybe this is the year to check out the new port in Jamaica. If not that then we'll be flying to FLL for a 10 or 11 day cruise on Princess or HAL.

Perhaps we just quit spending money the country doesn't have...Yes if only we got quickly out of debt or at least were paying it down instead of expaning it, we will see the dollar get better.

Chatting with Aussies on our cruise they are all flocking this way for vacation as their dollar hasn't been this strong against the dollar in like forever...may reported recalling when they paid $1.50Aus/$1USD and now they get more than one USD per Aussie$. Made me rule out a week on the beach in Perth later this year...too expenisve to go there right now.

Carnival has a 7 day, out of Galveston, going to East Caribbean.

I wish RC would do that, I really do not want to do Carnival again.

But this will make our 4th time to Cozumel !

So the worse of two evils are mixing.

Carnival has a 7 day, out of Galveston, going to East Caribbean.

I wish RC would do that, I really do not want to do Carnival again.

But this will make our 4th time to Cozumel !

So the worse of two evils are mixing.

Heck we are driving to Florida (DD and me...DW is staying home to work) to go on Allure Western and only really care about Labadee as a port of call...and of course really care about the nice big new ship...but tend to agree with you that the same ports over and over again can get old...

Doing what's right has never been easy for them!!:)

Falmouth was a good port, it's a huge compound and security is strong. But, everything you want to see in Jamaica is somewhere else. Love the long trips out of Lauderdale, but wish they were offered out of Galveston.

Texas Teen, those are winter port prices in the Caribe that usually drop in the summer, as it's tough to sell a trip to somewhere as hot as Houston.

You make a great point, but you have heard the old expression...."Rob Peter to Pay Paul"

Rob now pays for 51% of the population. and those folks, we know as Paul, are not willing to give up the free ride.

Got up this morning...looking for a summer cruise....just cannot seem to wait until November....so off I go hunting a deal.

Archived