port hole cabin vs guarantee balcony- thoughts

tok3

The only advice I can give is to book the type of cabin you really want. Guarantee is a nice rate but there's no telling where that cabin will be. If you can live with that then have a great cruise. :)

Sure! If there are no penalties for changing your booking & you can comfortably swing the price difference, you will love it! Just understand that you will have no control over where your cabin is. But most if not all porthole cabins are very far forward and imho it does't get much worse than that as far as location, so chances are you will do better.. Good luck!

How much more is the balcony?? Are you the type to sit out there by yourself or do you people sitting up on Lido deck people watching and seeing the ocean with the things going on around you?

Without knowing the price, no way to know which Id pick.

You are first time cruisers- youhave nothing to compare it to.

A balcony-- will you use it? or being out and about and only using the cabin to sleep and change?

Our first cruise was an inside cabin - very rare in the cabin because so much is going on and we were afraid we'd miss out on something.

Balcony's are nice. We had our first one last year and the only reason why we upgraded to a balcony from our Ocean view room was because it was only going to cost us an additional $100.00.

If this is your first cruise however, you are probably not going to be in your room but to sleep and shower. I would keep the room you are in unless the deal is just too good to pass up. :D

For me, there is no question...I don't think I could sail without a balcony any more. But we actually use our balcony for some quiet time at different points during the day. Not knowing if you will be using it, it's hard to say whether you should upgrade or not. A warning though...once you have a balcony, it's tough to go back;)

I started with a balcony and then went backwards. If getting a porthole meant cruising more, then I choose the porthole. I have to have some kind of natural light, but we can be up on the Lido, or in the serenity area, or on the back of the dining area outside, and we get the same view as we would with a balcony, we just can't sit out there in our bathrobes;). Have done balcony twice, have done porthole twice, have done windjammer in Maine, no window twice, $ wise, keep the port hole.

a little more inf:oo The cost will be around $200 for the balcony guarantee ( wont know the cabin till we arrive). We love to sit outside and drink coffee, but are going with 6 other friends and are just not sure how that will play into what would be our typical vacation style:o

Thank you all so much foe your input!:D

Personally, I can't imagine not having a balcony, and I'm willing to pay more to get the exact cabin I want.

Balcony guarantee's are kind of a crap-shoot, you never know which cabin you will get and it could be located above a lounge, piano bar, etc... which carries sound late into the evenings.

had a port hole cabin on the Inspiration in March.. had a slight bout with motion sickness, (not normal for me, but there was a cold front coming thru), but other than that, I would book one again as a cost saving measure.

you are further forward, and you will feel more motion, and the noise of the thrusters as you pull into port is kind of funky, but other than that... a room's a room. Guaranty balconies could put you over noisy areas such as dance clubs and piano bars, or other 'night owl' type rooms...so be cautious!

a little more inf:oo The cost will be around $200 for the balcony guarantee ( wont know the cabin till we arrive). We love to sit outside and drink coffee, but are going with 6 other friends and are just not sure how that will play into what would be our typical vacation style:o

If you are talking 200 pp would go with PT.

For total of $ 200 would probably go with balcony.

$200 total?? Doesnt sound bad. I paid $500 to upgrade to a balcony this Sept because I think my cruise roomie would enjoy the cruise more with one.

with friends if you might want to hang out together, it would be nice to have the balcony if they dont have one.

You probably would find out the assignment before you board if you watch your account. someone meant thats the latest you would find out.

Archived