Will Princess still give price reduction if the category is sold out?

erin6494

Great, holeymoley, I hope you fare better than I did!

I called Princess this morning (my TA will call tomorrow, which is fine, it is not a super urgent matter) and Tom confirmed that they would not have booked the 4 of us in that cabin if it did not accommodate four people (he claimed the deck plan may not be accurate). Worst case, the afts on caribe are open and one of them shows it will accommodate 4 people. It is a higher price than we are currently paying but maybe then we will be eligible for future price drops (it is an AB instead of AD). I would prefer our current cabin as the view is straight to the ocean rather on to the Dolphin deck but will keep that in mind as a back up plan.

Uh-oh Toto, now you have me confused.:p On the Island, Dolphin deck? The four AD's at the aft? The deck plans online and the ones in the 2012-2013 Atlas show a triangle, which is three people. Where are you finding the deck plans that show it holds four? I thought those were the only four AD's on the ship...are there some on another deck that have been added?

Cheryl, it was me.:o I was looking at the AB's forward, not the AD's aft. Sorry for the confusion. I do wish Princess would have checked for Erin to tell her that those AD's aft would hold 4 instead of just telling her they wouldn't have booked them if they didn't. I agree, all the deck plans and booking engines I have checked show those AD's only hold 3 passengers maximum. Yes, it could be the deck plans are wrong, but I still think there has been a mistake made here booking 4 in a 3 person cabin. :(

Yes, I agree with you Toto. Erin, maybe Princess on the phone says they hold four, but I would suggest you get them to put it in writing, because their booking system online does NOT allow a passenger to book four people into any of the AD cabins on the Island. On any cruise on any date. Soooo......get them to explain it better to you.

That was exactly why I posted about the 4 people in the AD cabin. Princess's site says that it just doesn't work. It is something that I would want in writing also from them, not just from the TA. They have been known to not always know exactly what the cabins are like, say the Sun Princess triple cabins!!!

Coral was referring to me when she talked about the Christmas cruise and the price dropped for her but not me. We had 3 in our cabin, and the category was waitlisted for 3 people, but not for 2. Once that happens, we didn't get any more price drops. Always have to put in the number of people in the cabin to see what the price is, don't just price it for 2 as it won't give you the correct information.

I heard back from my TA this morning, he confirmed with Princess that the AD we are in is suitable for 4. I will keep the documentation just in case but I think we should be fine.

Now I just need to hope that price drops will start applying to my situation, that would be even better.

Thanks to all for the input!

Erin

I will post a review so even if it does not make it back to this specific thread, I will let people know. I may go ahead an post a question specifically on this board about the cabin (since the original title has nothing to do with my current concern).

I am trying to think positively that worst case, they will have to find another location for some of my family and will hopefully complensate us fairly for the inconvenience.

To update everyone on the layout for the cabin (D725)....

We confirmed with Princess that the cabin holds 4 but it is the queen, the pullout sofa, and a rollaway. We did not feel that would be the best (most comfortable) arrangement for our family so we have changed to C727 (still aft but a true 4 person cabin). Hopefully changing to the AB will increase our odds for a price drop!

Thanks to all for the input!

Erin

I'm glad to hear that you changed because I don't know how they thought they were going to get a rollaway in that cabin. We were in D724 recently with 3 of us. We found ourselves moving the table into the closet when the pullout was open to give ourselves enough room to move around. Even if you took the chair and the table out of the cabin, I don't know how a rollaway would fit with the couch pulled out. It could fit if the couch weren't pulled out, I guess.

Anyway, glad that they finally fessed up about the layout and you were able to switch.

I agree! We have had mini suites for the 3 of us and I can't even imagine how they thought they could get a roll-a-way in the cabin when the bed is opened up from the couch. Just don't see how that would have ever worked. Glad you changed and are actually in a quad cabin. It will be so much better.

Have a great cruise!

Hi,

My category just dropped 50pp (not huge but will pay for gratuities or an UKP card). I emailed my TA to see if the drop could be applied and he said he would need to check with Princess since the category is sold out. Is this normal? Does Princess usually offer the drop? Not sure it is important to the answer but we are on 11.19 Island Princess, AD category.

Thanks,

Erin

Usually if a category is sold out . They will still sell guarantee's in that category. :cool:

I agree! We have had mini suites for the 3 of us and I can't even imagine how they thought they could get a roll-a-way in the cabin when the bed is opened up from the couch. Just don't see how that would have ever worked. Glad you changed and are actually in a quad cabin. It will be so much better.

Have a great cruise!

There is that walk way when you first walk in. As long as no one has to go to the bathroom at night or use the cabin door - it may work....... Just kidding!

I am just glad that Erin got this resolved before they got on the ship....and this is one more reminder that sometimes those CSR's, even the really nice ones, just don't know all the real details of the ship. They simply read the screen in front of them.

I am just glad that Erin got this resolved before they got on the ship....and this is one more reminder that sometimes those CSR's, even the really nice ones, just don't know all the real details of the ship. They simply read the screen in front of them.
I agree. People see the plans and that there's a couch in a mini-suite. What they don't know is that the couch is really a pull-out twin, not a double. The 4th person booked has to be in a cabin with a pull-down bed, either from the ceiling or wall.

Archived