waitlist advice

echotumi

i booked the SP on 11/26/2011 were waitlist for m cat i made the mistake of doing that. i schould have booked a cabin for $:eek::eek:20 more a piece . my ? is you think ill get a room on the ship the price was rocking at 899 . now its gone lowest is 995 the normal price it has been for last few years for those 2 weeks. any adivice is welcome thanks

There is no telling if you will clear the waitlist. After final payment is due, there will certainly be some openings because of people who booked and then changed their minds.

If you really want this cruise, you should consider booking it at the higher price (it is only a $96 price difference). After you have booked your cruise, you can continue to watch for any price drops. If the price does drop before final payment is due Princess will give you the lower price.

I am currently booked in an OV category for my upcoming Sapphore cruise, and wait listed for a balcony at the same price. I was at #5 on the wait list when I got on it, so I i think there is a decent chance of clearing after final payment, but if it doesn't at least I still have a spot on the ship. And yes, they might want the current price for the category if you do clear the wait list.

Princess now shows both L and M wait listed for that sailing. Price is up, too. If you want to be on the ship you should book an available cabin. Price for wait list will be the going rate at the time a cabin becomes available, not the price it was when you wait listed.

It's very possible, though not sure, that you will get a cabin, but don't count on it being at the same price as the great deal you had when you were waitlisted.

We did a waitlist last fall and got a notice after final payment that a cabin was available--but at about $500 pp more than the original price. We declined the cabin.

We just waited a month or so longer and got an even better deal, but of course you take a chance that the price won't go back down or even will go up, or you may not get a cabin at all , plus you have to be able to be flexible with your travel plans.

Archived