med cruise packing list

Emma1

We are a family of 5 going on an 11 nt Disney Med cruise in early July - where can I find a good packing list? I have one I normally use for US and caribbean trips - but I fear I may be missing something important. Thank you

Don't think you will be missing anything. A couple of slight adjustments might be suggested.

It will be hot and humid, so plan your wardrobe appropriately. If you are planning on touring some of the main cathedrals, knee and shoulder covering clothes are required for men and women.

That is about all we did for 20 day cruise and 5 days pre and post cruise last year.

Other than the length of my pants and sleeves I don't pack any differently for any cruise vacation. I don't pack clothes for more than a week regardless if the length of the trip.

You need your passports, cash (EU?) credit cards (we each take one) a debit card with a 4 digit pin, good walking shoes, toiletries, a good camera, a small first aid kit and not much else.

Leave off the what if stuff, don't take any gadgets that you will not need (we all have a few things we can't leave home without).

Have a fun cruise!

I agree with much of what has been said.

Expect it to be very hot and humid. So dress for that.

If you visit churches in Italy and in some other places you should where either a long skirt or capris and the men should wear pants. and again your shoulder needs to be covered.

The Disney cruise will be wonderful for the entire family.

Be sure to bring sun tan lotion.

Be sure to also let your credit card companies and your ATM company know your travel dates and countries to be visited.

Have a great time.

Keith

Good walking shoes, sunglasses and a hat were so much more important to us on the Med cruises. We walked our legs off in Venice, Florence, Rome...........okay, everywhere we went.:D I got a good pair of walking sandals and they saved me.

I noticed that people in Europe wear a lot of solid colors, unlike the bright patterns and tropical prints of the Caribbean.

I definitely agree with the comfortable walking shoes/sandals comment. You will do a lot of walking over not so smooth surfaces and will definitely appreciate it. The last thing you want ruining you trip are blisters and sore feet.

I was also glad we had done a little additional reading about the places we were visiting when we did our Med trip a few years ago. This really helped us decide on activities/tours (the choices were a bit overwhelming) and also helped us appreciate all of the history of the sites/places.

Archived