BEST 5 star Hotle in Singapore

At sea days

Arriving 3 days before boarding QE WC Singapore to Southampton March 2012. Where did you stay? so many choices St Regis, Pan Pacific, Mandarin Orient or the Fairmont? Read the trip advisor reviews still need help....rather hear from a cruiser...:confused:

Thanks

Arriving 3 days before boarding QE WC Singapore to Southampton March 2012. Where did you stay? so many choices St Regis, Pan Pacific, Mandarin Orient or the Fairmont? Read the trip advisor reviews still need help....rather hear from a cruiser...:confused:

Thanks

I've stayed at the Faimont, and it was nothing special-just an average chain style hotel as I recall....I have heard good things re the Fullerton,but not tried it myself...

Thanks

Stay at the Shangri La - Horizon Club Floor. Have stayed there many times over the last 20 years or so. It is really something special. The Pan and Mandarin rooms are looking a bit tired. The Ritz Carlton is also very nice . Have not stayed in the St Regis but it is in a very good location.

We stayed in Mandrin Oriental for 3 nights dec. 09 . Club room great for use of club lounge free drinks and buffet food from 7 till 9 nightly , airport pick up, inroom check in and late check out , Worth the extra for Singapore Slings alone . Regards Gerry

I am surprised that the op isn't considering Raffles. Raffles is THE place to stay in Singapore, personally, I was a little underwhelmed by Raffles compared to other luxury hotels that I have stayed in. The room, or rather the suite (Raffles only has suites, IIRC), was comfortable, clean and well appointed - top notch. Sadly, the service could have been better, it ranged from excellent to average and I wouldn't expect that in a top establishment, also service was slow, but that's not uncommon for Singapore. I'd definitely recommend Raffles for it's history, and colonial heritage, what better way to start a holiday on a truely British ship (QE) than to stay in a hotel that has preserved a bygone era.

Oh, and if you choose to stay elsewhere, do visit Raffles for a Singapore Sling in the Long Bar.

Archived