is this too early?

nin7474

I can get a Flight that Arrives in MIA at 8:45AM. I'm using the Carnival Transfers Bus.

Do you think that's too early to arrive or just right?:confused:

thanks

if you are flying the day of the cruise come as early as you can in case your plane is delayed.

Bill

I can get a Flight that Arrives in MIA at 8:45AM. I'm using the Carnival Transfers Bus.

thanks

We always come in the night before. If you must arrive the day of, I'd say there is no such thing as "too early" as there is always a chance your flight will be delayed.

by the time you get off the plane, get your bags go too the pick-up area, then get too the pier i think you will be just right for time. there is never too early a time for me when it comes too getting too the ship for embarkation.

thanks

Where are you flying from, and what time of year?

These days air travel is a real crap-shoot. Planes are late, flights are cancelled, things go wrong all the time.

If everything goes smoothly, your plane arrives at 8:45, you get off, get your luggage, are met by the transfer bus, you should be OK. If any one thing goes wrong...

you miss your flight, the flight is delayed, the flight is cancelled and you have to catch another flight...

you might be late. And if you're not there 2 hours before the ship is to set sail, you'll be denied boarding. Bye-bye, cruise.

It really is better to fly in the night before, and not have to worry about all this.

I dont think the Carnival transfers leave that early. so you will have a wait in the airport.

You can always get a bite to eat or walk around and shop a bit. I would definetly take the flight. BUT I would not use the CCL transfers. It is cheaper to take a cab, and also cabs are ready to go, no need wait for the bus or wait for it to fill up.

That sounds fine to me. You'll have to wait a while in the terminal, but you'll have a cushion of time in case of delays.

When I flew into Miami last year on American, we came 30 min early, but then we had to taxi around for about 45 min before we could get a gate - so it's better to be safe than sorry.

You are not too early, you are late! :eek: The smart cruiser ALWAYS flies in at least one day early because you never know when flights will be delayed or cancelled.

But sometimes, the "smart cruiser" doesn't have time to fly in a day early. Flying in a day early isn't always possible.

thanks

You should be fine with that flight.

The only issue I see you having is with the Carnival Transfer. Even though your flight arrives early, the transfer may not be running at that time AND/OR it may wait to fill up before heading to the ship. Did you know that MIA is only a 10-15 minute and about $25.00 taxi ride (total, not per person) to the Port of Miami?

We took the Carnival Transfer for our first cruise out of Miami. Our flight arrived before 9:00 am. A Carnival rep directed us to a white box truck where we handed over our luggage. We were then told that the shuttle will be leaving at noon. It was hard to find things to do at MIA for three hours. May I suggest you cancel the transfer and grab one of the many, many, many taxis waiting at the airport.

My flight arrived at Miami Int. @9:45am on the day of the cruise.. I worked great for my family. The AA flight arrived a little early. We retreaved the luggage and grabed a van for $25 one way for 7 ppl. and we were at the Port @ 10:15am. So theres plenty of time.

Just enjoy your cruise...:D

Always gotta be digs at people. Just might not be able to fly in the day before. But I guess they aren't "smart" enough because of that.

As early as you can nin7474..It's never too early..

I drive in the day of my cruise. God forbid, but I do...But I also leave at 4 in the morning for a 5 hour drive to a cruise that leaves at 4... gives me a few hours to play with in case of a problem.

thanks

If everything goes smoothly and you take a taxi, you'll be at the port at 10:30. The question is, how much are you depending on the airport the plane is coming from BEFORE it reaches your point of departure, then your airport, then Miami's airport, then the luggage handlers at the airport, then the traffic from the airport to the cruise terminal.... a lot of what-if's in there.

I have a choice of 3 airports to leave from in NY with a lot of flights to the 2 (maybe 3) airports in the Miami area, so in case of a cancelled flight I have lots of options - and I'd still fly in the night before. Who needs the worries or the hassle?

I dont think the Carnival transfers leave that early. so you will have a wait in the airport.

You can always get a bite to eat or walk around and shop a bit. I would definetly take the flight. BUT I would not use the CCL transfers. It is cheaper to take a cab, and also cabs are ready to go, no need wait for the bus or wait for it to fill up.

I think i might do that. I guess i'll have to call and cancel my CCL Transfers.

I forgot how much CCL charged, does anyone remember?

Where are you flying from, and what time of year?

These days air travel is a real crap-shoot. Planes are late, flights are cancelled, things go wrong all the time.

If everything goes smoothly, your plane arrives at 8:45, you get off, get your luggage, are met by the transfer bus, you should be OK. If any one thing goes wrong...

you miss your flight, the flight is delayed, the flight is cancelled and you have to catch another flight...

you might be late. And if you're not there 2 hours before the ship is to set sail, you'll be denied boarding. Bye-bye, cruise.

It really is better to fly in the night before, and not have to worry about all this.

Boston to Miami. In Oct 29

But sometimes, the "smart cruiser" doesn't have time to fly in a day early. Flying in a day early isn't always possible.

Thank you nytraveller53!

I appreciate the help but found that saying that only "Smart travelers" get there a day early is almost borderline insulting to people that can't or care for it. Sorry, off my soapbox.

Thank you nytraveller53!

I appreciate the help but found that saying that only "Smart travelers" get there a day early is almost borderline insulting to people that can't or care for it. Sorry, off my soapbox.

Don't worry nin, some of us got your back. I found it borderline insulting as well. Some people think their way is the ONLY way. Doesn't always work out like we want. It's not a perfect world.

Taxis are a fixed rate of $24 per taxi not pp.

Coming from Boston looks like you have the first flight

out for the day so that is a big plus.

Bill

Thanks Bill. It departs at 5:25AM and DIRECT:D. Still debating on getting it. $280 RT

Archived