Hope it's Fun on Maasdam Tonight.........

sail7seas

Game 7 of Stanley Cup.....only five minutes to play.

Boston ( 3 ) and Vancouver ( -0-)

Fitting if they are watching during their Canada/New England Cruise.

Go Bruins !!!!

I was hoping Vancouver would win so that I could say if the Blackhawks had beaten Vancouver in game 7 the Hawks would be hoisting the Stanley Cup. Give Boston credit though, they took it to Vancouver on their home ice.

May I just apologize now for all the idiots in Vancouver that have caused a riot yet again....it's horrendous for the police officers having to deal with this.

From what I can tell most of the "familes" have left safely...just idiots left that have started fires and turned over vehicles.

Really, we have a beautiful city, spoiled by some losers.

May I just apologize now for all the idiots in Vancouver that have caused a riot yet again....it's horrendous for the police officers having to deal with this.

From what I can tell most of the "familes" have left safely...just idiots left that have started fires and turned over vehicles.

Really, we have a beautiful city, spoiled by some losers.

unbelievable isn't it? such a shame. I hear the police are still busy there:(

Just picked up DH's Bruin's Championship t-shirt. I don't think I'll pack it for our upcoming Maasdam cruise. It may not be the most polite thing for him to wear on our Canada cruise.

Just picked up DH's Bruin's Championship t-shirt. I don't think I'll pack it for our upcoming Maasdam cruise. It may not be the most polite thing for him to wear on our Canada cruise.

Best to avoid an "International Incident" :D ;) :p

The Vancouver riot was not "the most polite thing" either, and I'm one of the Canadians who are ashamed and appalled. Horrible that Boston fans lucky enough to be at the game had to see such a display.

THAT qualifies as an "international incident"!

The last recorded riot in Vancouver requiring tear gas was in 1994 and...yes...occurred after Canucks lost game 7 of the Cup. :eek:

Riots....yes, pathetic.

A couple of papers this morning were careful to mention that most of the jerks responsible were not even wearing Canucks jerseys.....so.....my conclusion is that the VAST majority of Canuck fans, while disappointed, had nothing to do with the mayhem. I really hoped we had learned from '94.:(

Living in BC, I feel the need to apologize to anyone who may think this kind of response is typical for Vancouver. Although it might seem so (think '94) Vancouver remains one of the greatest cities, most beautiful places to visit....this dark stain too shall pass.

My heart is broken (once again) by our beloved Canucks. Sigh. I guess it was too good to be true:o......but of all the other teams in the running, I'm glad it was Boston.

Winning or losing a championship whether it be hockey, basketball, football, baseball, or soccer is almost always an excuse for a certain group of idiots to participate in rioting and bad behavior. :mad:

You should not feel bad. It is as bad or worse in the USA.

I hope more people will read this thread in order to know and understand how ashamed and upset Vancouver citizens are with the riots and destruction in our city after the Stanley Cup Finals.

Disturbing photos have been circulated through the media and on-line posters, but how many are circulating now showing how many citizens came out

Thursday morning to help with the clean-up and voice their dismay with reporters and on the on line social networks.

Four of the people involved have given themselves in to police, messages have been written on Police cruisers voicing their support, messages have been scrawled on the boarded up windows, and the VPD website crashed briefly with the number of tips[over 1,300].

The city is coming back and it is safe to visit here!

All reasonable people know such an ugly situation can erupt in any city around the world on the turn of a dime. We all know Vancouver is a beautiful city with warm, welcoming friendly people. It was a few idiots who created mayhem.

Because the game was to be played away from Boston, many here wanted for them to run a viewing party at the TD Garden where Bruins play. Boston Police refused to permit it fearing exactly what happened in Vancouver. They banned parking for a good amount of area surrounding The Garden, bars had restrictions and police were out in huge number and VERY visible in strength.

Win or lose, they knew there could be trouble at the end of Game 7.

Jo-Bob......... Thanks for your nice comment you're happy if it couldn't be Vancouver to win, you're happy it was Boston. That was very kind.

I am sure most Canadians are 'good sports' and congratulate the team that THIS time won...... there'll be another time, another team, another result in the future.

In the end, it's only a game.

I just was hoping the guests on Maasdam, many of whom are bound to be from Boston area seeing that cruise boarded in Boston, were enjoying watching the game. We have been aboard when there are major sporting events and we enjoy the added excitement of everyone hoping their favorite team wins.

Archived