I heart roulette

Cru1s1ng2009

Every bet except one (the 0-00-1-2-3, which is worse or the player) at a shipboard roulette wheel has the same house advantage. In the long run you will lose 5.26% of the total amount you bet. So, choose whatever combination of bets you like - there's no mathematical diference.

Like long odds, but don't care if it doesn't come up very often? Play straight up.

Like to win almost 2/3 of the time, but not very much when you do win? Play two of the three columns (or dozens, same thing).

No "system" can beat the house edge in the long run. But in any given session, things can vary greatly.

Have fun and good luck.

The only factor in the game of Roulette that can change the game is the dealer. Yes I do box 4 numbers for $5 each when I'm bored or the craps table isn't open.

Some dealers spin the wheel at the same speed and roll the ball at the same speed every time. I have heard that a dealer can throw in a 10 number zone on every roll. Who knows?

I wait for a dealer to throw in a zone before I get in the game. If the dealer throws in the upper half or lower half consistently, thats where I place my bets.

When they start throwing numbers all over the table, I cash out.

Works for me.

The only factor in the game of Roulette that can change the game is the dealer. Yes I do box 4 numbers for $5 each when I'm bored or the craps table isn't open.

Some dealers spin the wheel at the same speed and roll the ball at the same speed every time. I have heard that a dealer can throw in a 10 number zone on every roll. Who knows?

I wait for a dealer to throw in a zone before I get in the game. If the dealer throws in the upper half or lower half consistently, thats where I place my bets.

When they start throwing numbers all over the table, I cash out.

Works for me.

You really should get a map of the wheel and see where the ball is landing. High or low, red or black, odd or even can be streaky, but a dealer who spins the ball consistently sould be making the ball land in a certain section (6-8) number of the wheel consistently. Find out which 6-8 numbers are hitting more often and you'll smile all the way to the bank.

• 1 year later...
I like it because I can spend 5 bucks a spin and if I spread my bets out on 2,4, or 6 #'s I make it last even longer. Althought he pay out if much smaller.:(

My question is, is there a method to the madness?

Not really a method, but just to make things easier to know what numbers are where on the wheel.

Think of the wheel having two sides: 0-00 right side 00-0 left side (with 0 at the top).

right side = 1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15,17,20,22,24,26,28,30,32,34,36

left side = 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,19,21,23,25,27,29,31,33,35

so basically the table is split in half...for numbers 1-18 the odd numbers are on the right side of the wheel, and the even numbers are on the left side..and reversed for the 19-36 half. odd on left and even on right.

so if you watch the numbers that are coming up on a certain table...if its normally low odd numbers or high even numbers....bet right side of the wheel..etc...

so again...not a method to the chaos...but this should at least make it a little more organized chaos.

• 2 weeks later...
You actually have the same odds of hitting your number on every spin! Keeping track of where the ball lands really doesn't tell you a thing about the next spin!!!

Right....

And spreading chips all over the board is actually playing against yourself.

Here's a simple example.

You can play 17 and black. 17 might hit Black might hit or they both might hit.

But if you play 17 and Red, 17 might hit and Red might hit but they both cant hit.

So you are playing against yourself.

If you are going to play lots of chips, make sure they can all hit on one spin.

Look at your spread...Can they all hit on one spin?

If not, you are playing against yourself.

If you cant do that don't play so many chips on one roll.

Archived