Gucci

flcruiser3

There are outlet stores, but no factory tour that I've ever heard of. There has been some talk about a possible Gucci museum in Florence but no action that I'm aware of.

Sorry to say that you are unlikely to find bargains, even at the factory outlet. They are much like those in the US now, big malls full of outlet stores, mostly carrying last season's merchandise at a markdown.

The Gucci outlet near Florence is in The Mall at Leccio, about a half hour or so outside of the city. They do run a shuttle bus from Florence. http://www.themall.it/en/

Does anyone know if there is a Gucci factory you can tour in/near Florence?

Also, has anyone shopped at any of the Gucci outlet stores near Florence? How do the prices compare to the US?

Thanks!

http://www.enjoyflorence.com/gucci-outlet-the-mall.htm

http://www.enjoyflorence.com/english/outlet_List.html

There are outlet stores, but no factory tour that I've ever heard of. There has been some talk about a possible Gucci museum in Florence but no action that I'm aware of.

Sorry to say that you are unlikely to find bargains, even at the factory outlet. They are much like those in the US now, big malls full of outlet stores, mostly carrying last season's merchandise at a markdown.

The Gucci outlet near Florence is in The Mall at Leccio, about a half hour or so outside of the city. They do run a shuttle bus from Florence. http://www.themall.it/en/

To get here, you can take the Sita bus (blue) with the sign "The Mall" or "Leccio" at the depot near the train station and buses leave from Monday to Saturdays

http://www.intuscany.net/guides/the_mall.htm

You will not find bargains per se re Gucci or any other designer's in Italy,but you may find some of the bags are not for sale in the US and would be one of a kind (assuming no one else bought one over there of course),but you will pay full price.VAT may help with some of the savings,but with the Euro to the dollar probably not so much.

Thanks for the information. I would love to get a Gucci bag at a bargain, but I had a feeling with the Euro to Dollar rate, that there would not really be any bargains.

Just in case anyone ready this does not know: In Italy it is a very serious crime to purchase a fake designer item on the street. The penalty is €10,000 and they will not make exceptions!

There's a Gucci Outlet in the Woodbury Commons Outlet Mall about an hour north of NYC. Because of the euro/dollar exchange rate, you can get a better deal there. Actually, many European tourists shop there because everything is an automatic (approximately) 40% off for them!

Thanks for the information. I would love to get a Gucci bag at a bargain, but I had a feeling with the Euro to Dollar rate, that there would not really be any bargains.

Just in case anyone ready this does not know: In Italy it is a very serious crime to purchase a fake designer item on the street. The penalty is €10,000 and they will not make exceptions!

I used to warn people about buying fakes in Italy for the past few years,and was pooh pooed that it really did not affect anyone as no one was ever caught...I begged to differ as I saw and also knew someone who was caught and paid a huge fine for a 10.00 euro street purchase.I am so glad to see that you posted the same warning.I think that they have become even more strict as the designer's have a huge say over there.Thank you.

We have gone each time we have visited Florence and have always come back with great items. Since Gucci is only one of the stores there it is possible to get bargins in the other stores as well. I purchase a Gucci pocketbook for $145 Euro, which is absolutely unattainable here in the US, and a black Gucci wallet for my son for $45 Euro. I also went into the Armani outlet and purchased a great black leather and white fabric pocketbook for $125 Euros, a few Armani t-shirts for around $20 euros each. Also, a few t-shirts for my son in Valentino's for less than $20 euro. I also remember a Fendi and an Tods there as well.

We also drove a bit farther to the Prada and D&G outlets. I thought Prada was very pricy but did manage to get a great pair of D&G sunglasses for $125 euros.

I hope this helps!

We have gone each time we have visited Florence and have always come back with great items. Since Gucci is only one of the stores there it is possible to get bargins in the other stores as well. I purchase a Gucci pocketbook for $145 Euro, which is absolutely unattainable here in the US, and a black Gucci wallet for my son for $45 Euro. I also went into the Armani outlet and purchased a great black leather and white fabric pocketbook for $125 Euros, a few Armani t-shirts for around $20 euros each. Also, a few t-shirts for my son in Valentino's for less than $20 euro. I also remember a Fendi and an Tods there as well.

We also drove a bit farther to the Prada and D&G outlets. I thought Prada was very pricy but did manage to get a great pair of D&G sunglasses for $125 euros.

I hope this helps!

I completely agree with this. You're not going to find Gucci at Walmart Prices, but you will find Gucci at a lot less than normal Gucci Prices. They had some purses that were regular 1,700 Euro and were on sale for around 600. I bought my Gucci Travel Bag for around 320 Euro and have never seen anything like it in North America so you definitely get a different selection.

Prada Outlet nearby had some great deals too. Kicking myself for not buying a Prada Bag from there. There had a big selection around the 450 Euro range would would retail for around $1,400 US. And remember you can then get your VAT back making it even cheaper.

Someone earlier mentioned the exchange is now not making it worthwhile. That's not true. Just checking Louis Vuitton's French site vs. US Site, using an exchange rate of 1.41 The Wiltshire bag is 1748 US (1240 Euro) on the French site vs. 1940 on the US site.. then from the French you could deduct at least 7% VAT and add at least 10% tax to the US. You're still saving if you buy your high end stuff in Europe.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived