Question about boarding as Platinum with a group

I booked a cruise for this coming September, there are going to be 7 of us in 3 cabins. TA said all our reservations are "linked". I just turned Platinum so one of the few perks I get supposedly is to get to go through the "priority" check in line. Does this mean, just I get to go in that line or my whole party can since we have "linked" reservations? I've never worried about it before, 4 of the 7 have never cruised before. I don't mind waiting in line as it never tends to take more than 20 or so minutes, but it would be nice to use the new perk.

I booked a cruise for this coming September, there are going to be 7 of us in 3 cabins. TA said all our reservations are "linked". I just turned Platinum so one of the few perks I get supposedly is to get to go through the "priority" check in line. Does this mean, just I get to go in that line or my whole party can since we have "linked" reservations? I've never worried about it before, 4 of the 7 have never cruised before. I don't mind waiting in line as it never tends to take more than 20 or so minutes, but it would be nice to use the new perk.

I believe that your party will not be allowed to use the priority line other than you.

On our last Allure cruise in May the non-priority lines were shorter and faster. We left the priority line, went to the regular lines and were through before others that were in front of us.

Your reservations are linked so that they can seat you at the same table in the MDR.

Tim and/or Sue ;) is correct.

The linking has to do with your dining seating.

Stick together in the regular line. You'll be a reassuring presence for your newbie friends. They will be so excited they won't know the difference anyway.

:)

At the check-in for the Liberty of the Seas, it was my husband and myself when we were platinum, my daughter was platinum and the other two were gold. I said this is my family and they are with us, and they said to come ahead, so we did. I recently boarded the Allure with my family - my husband, myself and our daughter were Emerald and the other three were gold and we again had no problem. Going to sit down to wait in the Platinum/Emerald holding area, we Emeralds went first and we all just again went ahead after they saw our cards.

I think they are very accomadating about this at the check-in. The regular line was not long, though, if we had to go to it. I would not have left them.

I think the special Diamond waiting area when disembarking, though, only lets the Diamond and above people in due to space limitations.

Different ports have different "efficiency" levels anyway. If you were cruising Allure or Oasis out of the new terminal in Fort Lauderdale, it would be incredibly fast and efficient. Their plan is to get you from curb to ship in 20 minutes. :) However, other ports may be a little slower, just so you know. We have never waited more than 15 minutes or so to check in at any port. We had Priority Platinum boarding the last two cruises and it was wonderful but I agree that you should stay with your group. You'll all get there. I don't think you'd want to alienate them, would you?

You could ask if you can all board together Priority, but as you know priority boarding is an earned perk with C&A status; like I said, it might be awkward and alienate them if you did it and they didn't or couldn't.

Have fun. :)

Archived