150 Central Park or Chops

No comparison between the two!

We got off Oasis yesterday; we dined in both restaurants.

150 Central Park is a meal event to remember, with six interesting, delicious, beautifully-presented courses, $40. Spectacular service (we had Persia).

Chops is a regular steakhouse, with good food but nothing unusual or remarkable, $30. Service was mediocre.

Keep your reservation - as soon as you board go to 150 and check out the menu. If it does not interest you - go to Chops and make a reservation. If you board early there should be reservations available.

Going on Oasis and have booked 150 Central Park but after seeing some reviews I'm wondering if I should change reservations to Chops?

If you can only do one of them, I'd choose 150 CP, hands down! I say that having eaten at Chops many times, and at 150 twice (one each on Oasis and Allure).

If these were two land-based restaurants, I would probably go with Chops since you'd be able to pick what you want to eat. However since this is on the Allure/Oasis I am going to give 150 Central Park a shot because if I am not satisfied with my meal when it is over, I'll just go somewhere else on the ship to 'fill up'.

Going on Oasis and have booked 150 Central Park but after seeing some reviews I'm wondering if I should change reservations to Chops?

Central Park 150 any time. It is superb but If you like to have an enormous plate of food go somewhere else. CP150 is in the French style of eating, smaller quantities of superb food. Do not choose the Wine Pairing, it costs $75 each and does not come close to ordering a couple of good bottles. We were told afterwards that we could have asked for more of a particular wine but that was not made clear from the beginning.

Thank you. Although I am not the original OP I would also like to book 2 restaurants next year. 150 Central Park and I guess Chops.

If you had to decide between Chops (I've been on each cruise) and Giovannis, which one, and why?

Thanks.

Thank you. Although I am not the original OP I would also like to book 2 restaurants next year. 150 Central Park and I guess Chops.

If you had to decide between Chops (I've been on each cruise) and Giovannis, which one, and why?

Thanks.

150 Central Park and the Chef's Table (if thats too pricy Chops). We were not impressed with Giovannis.

We have done all of the specialty restaurants on the Oasis some more than once. While we enjoyed all of them we were probaly least impressed by Izumi followed by 150 Park Ave.

Really enjoyed the Chef's Table but not 100% sure it is worth the $20 price increase.

Chops puts out a nice steak and Giovanni's table is also a nice meal.

If you want to try a "fun" meal head to Vintages for a glass or two of wine and some Tapas. Great way to enjoy an evening meal.

dizzlepop..Agree Persia is one of the top servers in any of the restaurants on the ship.

When the Oasis was born.............there was a lot of negative threads about 150 PARK..............I guess it has gotten better.....I did not eat there because of all the bed "press" I had read on this site.. awful Popcorn garnish in soap, bad service... etc......Nice to see things have improved.

When the Oasis was born.............there was a lot of negative threads about 150 PARK..............I guess it has gotten better.....I did not eat there because of all the bed "press" I had read on this site.. awful Popcorn garnish in soap, bad service... etc......Nice to see things have improved.

I have to admit, no matter how beautiful the presentation, soapy popcorn just doesn't sound very appetizing.

• 4 weeks later...

only have been to chops and received a great meal with family and it was our anniversary so we were able to enjoy a nice quiet setting with my husband and another couple. Im cruising on oasis in sept and celebrating a birthday any suggestions for a specialty restaurant was looking at 150 park ave.

It seems everyone has a different experience. We were on Oasis in May and even tho I had read the hot rock in Izumis was not good, we found it to be the best meal we had all week, followed by Giovannis. The meal we had in Chops was not good and the filet from chops in the MDR on lobster nite was not good either. I think we just hit a bad week for the steaks in chops. The service in Giovannis was superb as it was in Izumi. The tables next to the windows in Izumi had the BEST view ever!!

Archived