AquaClass Double occupancy only?

Eno

Looking to sail on the Summit April 2012 - when on the celebrity site there is S2, AQ2, C1 - 3 available - looking at the C2 or 3 based on price right now but not ruling out S2 or AQ2 yet - when looking through the Celebrity 2011/2012 Caribbean Cruise book they list that Aqua Class is for Double Occupancy only - but this is for the Eclipse, Equinox, Shilouette and Solstice - doesn't show that the Summit will be upgraded in the book. On the Celebrity site when I put in 3 adults (our 19 year old daughter will be with us) it does allow me to select AQ2 and does give the price for a third person - hoping this would be for a sofa bed. Just in the planning phases and still looking at Carnival also. I like the idea of a more formal atmosphere for dinner and the drink package - pay up front and not have to worry about wine, pre and after dinner drinks. If we can't go till May then no choice but Carnival.

I know on the S class ships, AQ is double occupancy. Perhaps on the M class ships where they were refurbished to add AQ, the cabins were already set up for 3 so they decided to allow it? I'm not really sure but it's an interesting point that they advertise AQ as double occupancy only and are allowing bookings for parties of 3.

I know on the S class ships, AQ is double occupancy. Perhaps on the M class ships where they were refurbished to add AQ, the cabins were already set up for 3 so they decided to allow it? I'm not really sure but it's an interesting point that they advertise AQ as double occupancy only and are allowing bookings for parties of 3.

Susie is correct, it is DO on the S class ships, I would imagine many of the details of the M class makeovers have not been released. I asked the same question of the new AQ suites on the S class ships. If you can book it that way, it may answer one of the questions.

Thanks - these boards are great - have answered most of my questions - I'm going to send this question to celebrity and will post the answer

I contacted Celebrity via a Chat and was told that Aqua class was only double, I asked why I am getting a triple price when trying to book online and was told that that was for a crib - I then sent that I was concerned when I do book, I enter 3 adults, shouldn't I just see cabins that allow for 3? Did this in the past on other lines and usually they only return rooms that accomodate 3 - they couldn't answer online so won't book that way for celebrity

I'm sorry to sound so disparaging, but I've found that often my phone calls to Celebrity reps creates a font of misinformation. WHy would the let you book for 3 if you wouldn't be able to actually put 3 in the room? When the 3 of you showed up to cruise were they going to turn one of you away? It makes no sense to me and I'm afraid if you call Celebrity 3 times you'll get 3 different answers. Good luck and keep us posted please.

Here is the offical reply to my question -

We have researched your inquiry and have found that we introduced a new stateroom category for the Aqua Class staterooms for all sailings after the Celebrity Summit is solsticized.

We have found that this new category was entered wrong and it is allowing guests to book three people when it should only be two. Our IT department has been advised and we will fix the glitch in the system.

I hope they contact anyone who has booked this.

Oooh can we have a countdown clock for it? Or start a pool? Everybody pick a date and we'll throw a dollar in the pot and we can even give the pot to charity so it doesn't get anyone in trouble. I pick, January 1, 2014.

I know I'm being cheeky but there are so many problems with the X website, and they do seem to create some upgrades, but they never go back and fix the old stuff.

Oooh can we have a countdown clock for it? Or start a pool? Everybody pick a date and we'll throw a dollar in the pot and we can even give the pot to charity so it doesn't get anyone in trouble. I pick, January 1, 2014.

I know I'm being cheeky but there are so many problems with the X website, and they do seem to create some upgrades, but they never go back and fix the old stuff.

Good one, I have todays date as I think its already fixed, I tried to phantom book it but with no luck, only showed two people and no option for a third.

Archived