dress code for dinner?

vols_159

but you just don't get it .They are not ignoring the masses .That is why things are they way they are:D.The mases they attract have the time to cruise more often than you do.So not only you are vastly outnumbered in numbers plus the older crowd vacations more.Travel by seniors is unmatched by any demographic.Get use to it.Celebrity will not change for a long,long,long time:D

:cj

They said the same thing about smoking not so very long ago.

but the masses were against smoking on balconies.The same masses that likeformal nights.Geez I can't believe that you made my case stronger.Thanks:D

That's very true that the majority do like the formal dress but unless others are aware that not all people like it, nothing will ever change. Thank you for bringing it up again.

but the masses were against smoking on balconies.The same masses that likeformal nights.Geez I can't believe that you made my case stronger.Thanks:D

Poll the 800,000 pasengers that cruised Celebrity last year and I bet you will get a different result.The poll in question is not scientific and probably has a margin of error greater than 50%.The only people who responded to the poll are those who blog on cruise critic.The majority of the 800,000 passengers don't post or could care less if they post.The only criteria that Celelebrity will use if the current policy disrupts the revenue flow.If I was Celebrity MGT.,I'd start cultivating the younger passenger base because that will be the future revenue stream.

Poll the 800,000 pasengers that cruised Celebrity last year and I bet you will get a different result.The poll in question is not scientific and probably has a margin of error greater than 50%.The only people who responded to the poll are those who blog on cruise critic.The majority of the 800,000 passengers don't post or could care less if they post.The only criteria that Celelebrity will use if the current policy disrupts the revenue flow.If I was Celebrity MGT.,I'd start cultivating the younger passenger base because that will be the future revenue stream.

My teenage daughter IS the younger passenger base ,and LOVES to get dressed up for formal nights ,even though she is Miss Rock Chick the rest of the year .

Whether your 9 or 90 ,most people love to look and feel like a film star ,even if its just for a night :)

Whether your 9 or 90 ,most people love to look and feel like a film star ,even if its just for a night :)

I'm not sure if you are talking about most people in general, or most Celebrity cruisers, but that's a pretty big generalization.

I'm not sure if you are talking about most people in general, or most Celebrity cruisers, but that's a pretty big generalization.

I thought that I was just making a nice comment on how the younger generation like to dress up too.

Sorry , I havent had time to ask everyone in the whole world for their opinion on this but it would seem that MOST of the people on the Formal Night poll like dressing up ,as do MOST of the people I know . I am also thinking of the multi million dollar fashion industry,beauty industry and the amount of 'celebrity following' magazines that are sold every day .

Maybe its just the women who like to look their best ,but im guessing not, judging by the growing mens fashion and beauty industry.

I didnt realise that every comment that is made on here gets picked to bits by others .

Sorry !There I go generalising again . Not every comment on this entire board ,as I havent read every one of them .

I, fortunately, have more to do with my time :)

Pick away !

...sorry, dressing up like a film star is about the last thing we need on a cruise. Great weather, ports, service, food, and other items rank well above for us. We usually go with casual now...MDR on formal nights just is not a draw for us any more.

...sorry, dressing up like a film star is about the last thing we need on a cruise. Great weather, ports, service, food, and other items rank well above for us. We usually go with casual now...MDR on formal nights just is not a draw for us any more.

Perhaps you are one of the lucky people that can afford to cruise on a regular basis and for whom it has become just another vacation where you dont see the fuss surrounding Formal nights ,but for some of us ,taking a cruise means much more than a vacation .

For some it is a celebration,a memorable occasion . For some even a once in a lifetime trip.

One of the many things that we like about Celebrity is that they easily accomodate both groups-casual and formal. On formal nights there are a number of alternative dining venues for us.....so we we do not attend MDR. Everyone is accomodated.

Perhaps you are one of the lucky people that can afford to cruise on a regular basis and for whom it has become just another vacation where you dont see the fuss surrounding Formal nights ,but for some of us ,taking a cruise means much more than a vacation .

For some it is a celebration,a memorable occasion . For some even a once in a lifetime trip.

Well said!! I've noticed many of the posts of those who prefer not to dress up are those who have been on cruises before (some of them many cruises). We are looking forward to our first cruise next year and I am excited about the two formal nights although I won't be strictly in formal wear. I have two cocktail dresses and dh will wear a suit.

We don't ever dress up except for weddings so I'm really looking forward to it. I want the ultimate cruise experience. We are very casual, active, sports minded people normally and I want the cruise to be a different experience - at least those two formal nights.

I think I mentioned on one of these threads that less than 10 % of X cruisers even know cruise critic and most of those ignore these polls

Archived