Lawrence of Antigua - the best

phoenixlady

Good to know, we have him booked for our Constellation cruise April 16th! Did you have him drop you off at a beach afterwards or just back at the cruiseship? Did you stop at all the places listed on his website, I'm really interested in the Devil's Bridge, love to see the cutouts and ocean water slamming against the coastline.

Based on all the comments, we have Lawrence booked for next week.What he said he would do was exactly what we were looking for.

Would you happen to on the Constellation leaving from San Juan March 26?:)

Good to know, we have him booked for our Constellation cruise April 16th! Did you have him drop you off at a beach afterwards or just back at the cruiseship? Did you stop at all the places listed on his website, I'm really interested in the Devil's Bridge, love to see the cutouts and ocean water slamming against the coastline.

We've just returned from Lawrence's trip and he was great! We went to all the places listed on the website and he was constantly giving us further information. He took us to the beach, but it was up to us whether we went there or back to the ship, and he waited in his van while we swam, so there was no doubt that we would get back to the ship on time - he made our day on Antigua and we would certainhly go with him again!

Four of us have Lawrence scheduled for April 14th --- (the April 9th San Juan departure of the Constellation) --seems great even before we get there -- I e-mailed him & he got right back --- gives you a real comfortable feeling from the start. We are planning to ask him to drop us off at Turner Point for swimming & especially snorkeling --any reviews of this spot?? or other suggestions?

Bill W.

Four of us have Lawrence scheduled for April 14th --- (the April 9th San Juan departure of the Constellation) --seems great even before we get there -- I e-mailed him & he got right back --- gives you a real comfortable feeling from the start. We are planning to ask him to drop us off at Turner Point for swimming & especially snorkeling --any reviews of this spot?? or other suggestions?

Bill W.

It was Turner's Beach that Lawrence took us too and it was lovely. It was pretty busy, but there was a bar and chairs and umbrellas for hire. I would say that once in the water, it went down pretty quickly and the currents were very strong, so be careful - I don't think it would be suitable for children. Having said that, we had a wonderful time and would certainly go there again - enjoy!

• 4 weeks later...
What was the cost for Lawrence? Where does he pick you up? How long is the tour?

Thanks,

He normally charges $25/person. He will pick you up at the end of the pier. Then the length of the Tour depends on you. He tours you then drops you off at the beach then returns you to the ship. It's pretty much the whole day. But you tell him what you would like to do and he will arrange it for you.:D

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Cherylann,

We did a tour with Lawrence two weeks ago. He has a van that can hold 14 people. We had 6 on our tour. We didn't go to the beach but just toured the island. We were gone about 4 hours. He was great. Contact him and be sure he is doing your tour, not another driver.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

Scott

• 1 month later...

If Lawrence has 1 van full, I know he has at least 1 more driver. We took his tour in Jan. 05, was not in the van with Lawrence. It is a great tour. Lawrence is very nice and so was the driver we had.

Kris

If you have a special honeymoon or anniversary planned....we are celebrating our 2nd anniversary and asked Lawrence if we could have a private tour and the cost. He has arranged for us to have the island and beach tour described for $75 per person for just the two of us.

This is the only tour we'll do during our cruise (the other ports we do our own thing) so we decided to splurge.

We may not have Lawrence do the tour, but I'm confident based on his quick and very pleasant email replies that any driver he chooses will be excellent.

Has anyone done Long Bay or Half Moon beaches? What facilities? Are there vendors walking the beach all day?

thanks!

Melissa

I have been corresponding with Lawrence regarding his tour, and asked about Devil's Bridge. He mentioned that he did not think there was time to go there along with the tour.

I don't know where it is located to the sights etc, so if it's important to you to visit here I'd clarify this at your time of booking.

Has anyone done a tour with Lawrence, gone back to the ship for lunch and then taken a taxi to a beach?

We're travelling with children and would rather eat on the ship and give them a chance to rest if need be.

Any idea how much a taxi to a beach would be?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have to echo the many positive experiences you will see about Lawrence.

Just came back from a cruise that stopped in Antigua on Sept 18th (Adventure of the Seas) and could not have had a better time. His prices are extremely reasonable and was well worth the extra $$ we gave him....and to think we actually we too tired to hit he beach at the end of the tour!!!

We saw practically every square foot of the island on what amounted to a 5-6 hour trip hitting all of the local sight (Dockyard, Shirley Heights, etc).

Having never taken a tour outside of the cruise excursions I was leery at first, but after the many email responses from Lawrence and the positive emails about him I took a chance.......and I am so glad I did.

He is very prompt at returning emails and will take you door to door (if you are on a ship).

Meeting Lawrence was a pleasure and the tour of the island (and those sweet little pineapples) made it a trip to remember.

If anyone has any reservation or questions about his tours by all means let me know.......

We actually have him booked for October of 2006 (I like to plan) - Received a wonderful e-mail from him, really looking forward to the tour (he said that 4 months out for booking a tour would be fine).

Lawrence also stated that the pricing would be different from current prices because of increased gas cost (can't say I disagree with his decision). Jan

Archived