Passports required for 8 & 10 y.o. on Carnival?

fonrouge82

I'm quite certain that I read that Birth Certificates are required by Carnival for children, but not passports. Can someone just ease my mind with this? We sail in 12 days and I am having last minute jitters! :confused:

TIA!

Thank you CB and Darcie for easing my mind! We are leaving and returning from Tampa so we will be fine with the birth certificates.

Crystal

Yes, as the others have said the BC will be adequate for your cruise. However if you had an emergency and found it necessary to fly home from a port, a passport would be needed.

Yes, as the others have said the BC will be adequate for your cruise. However if you had an emergency and found it necessary to fly home from a port, a passport would be needed.

I completely agree,which is why my 10 month old will have a passport. They are good for a number of years and who knows what may come up, so why not? My thoughts are, if I have one, my child should too.

Thank you CB and Darcie for easing my mind! We are leaving and returning from Tampa so we will be fine with the birth certificates.

Crystal

Just make sure they are the officially stamped BCs from your state (not from the hospital or anywhere else). Do not bring a copy alone-you need the original.

Totally agree. Passport is the best ID out there. We use the kids' ones for many other ID checks (schools, camps etc) besides travel. So much easier.

I'm quite certain that I read that Birth Certificates are required by Carnival for children, but not passports. Can someone just ease my mind with this? We sail in 12 days and I am having last minute jitters! :confused:

TIA!

This is not a Carnival thing, and there is no difference between an adult and a child in this respect: if a passport is required for an adult to reenter the country, it will also be required for a child.

Carnival may require a BC in the sense that a child can not travel without identification, but again that is an immigration thing. (ie. Carnival won't take you out of the country if you don't have proper docs to get back in... talk about a permanent vacation!)

I completely agree,which is why my 10 month old will have a passport. They are good for a number of years and who knows what may come up, so why not? My thoughts are, if I have one, my child should too.

Agreed. Though I wish I had gotten them the passport card at the same time. For another $15, it would have been nice to have convienent, durable, and 'official' proof of age.

Archived