Stateroom guarantee/Price Reduction

On RCI website booking a mock reservation, checking for a price drop. I find a Deluxe Guarantee that is lower than what we have paid for a JS. I call to see if I can take advantage of a price drop and am told that they no longer have the guarantee available, keep watching if it come available again you can get a price drop. Ok, I get that, but when I continue with the mock reservation short of entering credit card info for deposit payment it allows me to do this. If it was no longer available, why would it let me continue??

If you are still within the full refund timeframe, you could always book the new one and cancel the old one. That's what I did as my TA was off for the weekend, and I found a great deal on a GS ($250pp more then my JS on an 8 day cruise) this weekend. I booked the new one online, filled out the RCCL to TA paperwork, submitted it, and had him move the just move the deposit over since it wasn't paid in full yet.

We had something similar happen to us a couple years back. I called and had the rep look at the website and not his booking screen. He saw the price drop and honored it. It was a senior discount.

If you are still in the price drop time frame call and try this.

I called back and talked to a different agent. The first agent gave wrong info or I misunderstood.:( The only way to get the price drop is to switch to the Deluxe Guarantee.

Yes, I think most of us were assuming that you were ok with giving up your cabin and asking for that.

Why wouldnt you give up your cabin if you cant get less than a JS? or maybe I never understood the question? Is it a location you liked that much?

Yes, I think most of us were assuming that you were ok with giving up your cabin and asking for that.

Why wouldnt you give up your cabin if you cant get less than a JS? or maybe I never understood the question? Is it a location you liked that much?

Yes, we like the location as we are on the hump. Hard to give up and take the chance. If the JS was sold out or close to, we may have considered it, but there is still a lot available.

Thanks everyone!

Archived