New line to Bermuda in 2012?

modelman

Today's Royal Gazette has an article in which the Tourism Minister mentions that he is in negotiations for a "new and exclusive" line to offer sailings to Bermuda for next season. Considering Princess, HAL, Celebrity, RCI, Carnival and NCL all currently sail there, which line do you all think it could be? Not likely Azumara. Could it be Oceania? They are adding a new ship, though one of the original R's is now being chartered to HAPAG - Lloyd. I can't imagine a season of either Silverseas, Seabourn or Regent, as it does not seem exotic enough for them. Meybe MSC, though that is not all that "exclusive" in my mind. Anything else anyone can think of?

i hope this new line cruises out of NYC.Only ship out of NYC for bermuda is the NCL Star which dont look that fun compare to NCL Gem :(

I am confused. I am taking the NCL Gem out of NYC in July for Bermuda. Is the Star for next year? New to cruising so dont know all the ins and outs.

Today's Royal Gazette has an article in which the Tourism Minister mentions that he is in negotiations for a "new and exclusive" line to offer sailings to Bermuda for next season. Considering Princess, HAL, Celebrity, RCI, Carnival and NCL all currently sail there, which line do you all think it could be? Not likely Azumara. Could it be Oceania? They are adding a new ship, though one of the original R's is now being chartered to HAPAG - Lloyd. I can't imagine a season of either Silverseas, Seabourn or Regent, as it does not seem exotic enough for them. Meybe MSC, though that is not all that "exclusive" in my mind. Anything else anyone can think of?

On of those luxury lines, I can't recall which did Bermuda a few years. They were Wednesday to Wednesday sailings. It is hard to see any line that only has a few ships doing Bermuda unless they are having an issue selling Europe. So I am thinking some European line.

Ships making one sailing to Bermuda in 2012:

Regent Seven Seas Navigator makes one stop on April 9-11, 2012 in St George and moving to Hamilton on April 11 2012.

The Carnival Pride also makes one sailing to Bermuda in April 2012

Norwegian Gem makes one 6 day sailing to Bermuda in April 2012

Caribbean Princess is doing a 4 day cruise to Bermuda with one day in port in October 2012.

Ships making regular call in 2012:

Celebrity Summit from Bayonne

Norwegian Dawn from Boston

Norwegian Star from NYC

Explorer of the Seas from Bayonne

Enchantment of the Seas from Baltimore

Holland America Veendam from NYC

Thank you. So what is wrong with the Star as I have not researched that ship yet?

I have looked at a few pictures of the Star and it looks amazing. I might have to go on her next year. I know I'm planning on a Bermuda cruise. She looks like a good choice.

It looks like they have a few small water slides:

116x0.jpg

The atrium looks beautiful:

NCL+Star+Atrium+Area.jpg

Star_Hero2_0.jpg

Don't see much not to like. :D

I have looked at a few pictures of the Star and it looks amazing. I might have to go on her next year. I know I'm planning on a Bermuda cruise. She looks like a good choice

Thanks for the pics. I see nothing wrong either. :D

Why not Azamara? Seems to fit "new and exclusive title". The Quest and Journey are under 32000 tons with a beam less then 96. Both will have no issues to dock at Hamilton and just also may be able to fit through the cut in St. George's.

With transportation issues at the Dockyard seems to make sense to position a ship on the other side of the island in St. George.:)

The reasons I do not think it is Azamara, is that they did not seem to be all that pleased with the returns they got on the one season they took over for Celebrity and did the Bermuda run, as well as the fact that with only two ships in the fleet, they do not have the capacity to spend a whole season in Bermuda if they want to really service the Med and other itineraries, and finally their 2012 schedule seems pretty well set. I would love to see one of the former R ships on the run, either Azamara, Princess or Oceania.

Archived