Non-alcoholic drinks in luggage... once and for all?

Let me first start out by saying I have searched the boards and read tons of threads on this subject, but am confused as the answers are both in the affirmative and negative.

RC states on their website that you are not allowed to bring ANY beverages on the boat. This includes non-alcoholic beverages. I have been reading posts just recently about people bring water and soda (in cans) on Oasis, etc., all without confiscation.

Is there a consensus on this seemingly unanswered question? Thanks.

Recently cruised the Oasis (2 weeks ago) and can confirm that we carried on both water (5 bottles) and soda (six pack of 20oz bottles) without issue. They were in a backpack and we did not attempt to hide them in anyway.

While they reserve the right to keep ANY drinks from being brought onboard, they seldom bother with non-alcoholic drinks. So, it's possible they may confiscate it, but highly unlikely. If they do take it, they will return it to you at the end of the cruise as long as everything is in the original bottles/cans/containers!

It's the luck of the draw. This past April on our family cruise on the AOS both my sons took rum-runners in their checked luggage without a problem.

Now, my DIL said that SHE would be sipping a drink by the pool while they were in the naughty room!

as with many issues with cruising, there are three different things to look at

1) the line's stated/published policy

2) what people THINK the policy SHOULD be

3) what actually happens in reality

the policy could be "no outside beverages of any type allowed. We will confiscate anything that violates this" Or, it could be "you can bring two bottles of wine per stateroom" or something like that.

Then, there is what people wind up "getting away with". No matter what the acutal policy is, you'll always hear stories of people getting "busted" and people violating policy and getting away with it.

As they say, your milage will vary. I don't think there will ever be "once and for all" resolution to this question.

Archived