Inflatable baby pool

Jackpotslove

Hello All,

My husband and I will be cruising with our 23 month old son on Carnival Destiny in about a week. I have seen several posts where other families have used inflatable baby pools to allow for the opportunity for their toddlers to enjoy water play. I am contemplating the idea for water play as well as convenience (bath time). For those of you who have used the inflatable pool, how were the pools blown up? Did anyone complain about the pools being on the pool deck? What would be the best way to fill the pool? We are considering a very small pool that my husband and I could place between our lounge chairs or somewhere out of the way of other cruisers who are trying to enjoy the pool deck. Any suggestuions/thoughts?

You get a very small pool, most recommend the duck pool that will fit in your shower. get a bucket from the bar - usually sold with beer in it but I am sure they will give you one. You blow it up yourself, and empty it into the shower drain by the pool. EM

The inflatable pool most people bring is really an inflatable tub, like the popular duck. As far as blowing it up, you can bring a foot pump or blow it up yourself. It won't take up much room on the pool deck or your balcony. I little bit of water to splash in and a cup or two to play with and the little one will be very happy.

We used the little inflatable duck on our balcony on Norwegian Gem when our son was about 18 months. We filled it in the bathroom and then carried it back to the bathroom to empty it in the tub each day. I can't imagine anyone complaining since they aren't likely to be aware of it. The people next door to us may occasionally have heard him splashing while they were on their balcony, but they never mentioned anything. We were very glad that we had the pool. I understand that some lines now have splash pools for kids who aren't potty trained, but a few years ago this was completely novel. Good luck!

You don't need a foot pump... you can blow one of these small pools up in about 30 seconds.

We left ours inflated - after using it on the deck we just hung it on the back of our stroller. Then it went straight into the shower stall with warm soapy water, to clean all the saltwater off our baby.

Best invention ever!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived