C&A Question re: Children With Different Level

I realize this has been probably asked a gazillion times, but I can't find a definitive answer....

Hubby and I are Diamond members with C&A.

We are extremely selfish parents (according to our kids) as we've never taken them cruising before (they seem to have forgotten about the other wonderful vacations we've been on, but anyway....)

We've decided to not be so selfish and will be taking them with us on their very first cruise next summer.

Oldest child is 22, middle child is 18, and youngest child is 12. All still live in the house with me, as the two oldest are in college. Onboard, the two oldest kids will have their own cabin. Youngest child is sharing a Grand Suite with us.

I understand that children will be at Gold Status - and they won't even have this until they complete their first cruise....right? That's what the nice lady today said on the telephone at RCI.

So...when we go to board the ship, can my two oldest children board with us in the D/D+ line? Or will they be in their own separate line?

I'm not worried about any other benefits - don't care about gifts, parties onboard, etc - I just worry about my sons not being to board with us, since they've never done this before.

Thanks!

I realize this has been probably asked a gazillion times, but I can't find a definitive answer....

Hubby and I are Diamond members with C&A.

We are extremely selfish parents (according to our kids) as we've never taken them cruising before (they seem to have forgotten about the other wonderful vacations we've been on, but anyway....)

We've decided to not be so selfish and will be taking them with us on their very first cruise next summer.

Oldest child is 22, middle child is 18, and youngest child is 12. All still live in the house with me, as the two oldest are in college. Onboard, the two oldest kids will have their own cabin. Youngest child is sharing a Grand Suite with us.

I understand that children will be at Gold Status - and they won't even have this until they complete their first cruise....right? That's what the nice lady today said on the telephone at RCI.

So...when we go to board the ship, can my two oldest children board with us in the D/D+ line? Or will they be in their own separate line?

I'm not worried about any other benefits - don't care about gifts, parties onboard, etc - I just worry about my sons not being to board with us, since they've never done this before.

Thanks!

In my experience it´s pretty much up to the mood of the pier side people on how strict they are about it, but much likely they will be allowed with you.

But then if you run into a problem here you could always just check-in with them in the regular line;). Many time not even a big difference:)

Of course you and your children may board together. Just a heads up – so many are eligible for “priority boarding” that the “regular” line is often more efficient. Take a look when you enter the boarding area.

I am not sure of specifics, but your children, especially those under 18, may automatically inherit your C&A status. I suggest you contact C&A for more info.

M

According to the Crown and Anchor Society, you do not receive C&A status until after you complete your first cruise. Once you have status, all family members living in the same house will have the same status as the highest member living in that house. So.... after this upcoming cruise, your kids will all become Diamond members. How's that for being generous to your kids?:D Maybe they'll treat you differently now.

Now, we can make it even better for them. This has worked in the past for others but I can not guarantee it will work for your kids. It will depend on the Loyalty Ambassador on the ship. Once you have all boarded the ship, find the Loyalty Ambassador and get the kids enrolled in the Crown and Anchor Society. Once they are on the ship, they are on a cruise so, obviously, they are going to complete a cruise which entitles them to C&A membership. If the Loyalty Ambassador is in a good mood (they usually are) your kids will be enrolled immediately and will all become Diamond members shortly after boarding the ship. This will give them all the rights and privileges of Diamond membership.

According to the Crown and Anchor Society, you do not receive C&A status until after you complete your first cruise. Once you have status, all family members living in the same house will have the same status as the highest member living in that house. So.... after this upcoming cruise, your kids will all become Diamond members. How's that for being generous to your kids?:D Maybe they'll treat you differently now.

Now, we can make it even better for them. This has worked in the past for others but I can not guarantee it will work for your kids. It will depend on the Loyalty Ambassador on the ship. Once you have all boarded the ship, find the Loyalty Ambassador and get the kids enrolled in the Crown and Anchor Society. Once they are on the ship, they are on a cruise so, obviously, they are going to complete a cruise which entitles them to C&A membership. If the Loyalty Ambassador is in a good mood (they usually are) your kids will be enrolled immediately and will all become Diamond members shortly after boarding the ship. This will give them all the rights and privileges of Diamond membership.

Just a head's up that it doesn't always work this way. We are Diamond and one son is Diamond. The two other children (over 18) are Emerald. When I called C&A I was told that children inherit your status if they are under 18. Once they turn 18, they stop benefitting from your cruises.

From what I can tell, this does not seem to be applied consistently so your experience could be different.

Just a head's up that it doesn't always work this way. We are Diamond and one son is Diamond. The two other children (over 18) are Emerald. When I called C&A I was told that children inherit your status if they are under 18. Once they turn 18, they stop benefitting from your cruises.

From what I can tell, this does not seem to be applied consistently so your experience could be different.

Yes, they are inconsistent. All you can do is hope that you get the right people working with you. DW and I have two kids, a 20 year old son and a 17 year old daughter. Prior to this year, the kids have only cruised twice, both with RCI. DW and I have cruised 6 times and both of our kids have inherited our Platinum status. This past March DD cruised with us and DS could not get the time off work so he stayed home. After returning from the cruise, I checked our C&A status and all of us had the same number of cruise points which means that our 20 year old son got credit for this past cruise.

Yes, they are inconsistent. All you can do is hope that you get the right people working with you. DW and I have two kids, a 20 year old son and a 17 year old daughter. Prior to this year, the kids have only cruised twice, both with RCI. DW and I have cruised 6 times and both of our kids have inherited our Platinum status. This past March DD cruised with us and DS could not get the time off work so he stayed home. After returning from the cruise, I checked our C&A status and all of us had the same number of cruise points which means that our 20 year old son got credit for this past cruise.

And for us just the opposite. I cruised in March and my 21 year old son did not earn points.

Word of caution. I wouldn't call C&A and call attention to it...just in case!

And for us just the opposite. I cruised in March and my 21 year old son did not earn points.

And that's how it's supposed to work. Just because he inherited your status doesn't mean he gets additional points added to his account every time you cruise and he doesn't. :)

Sorry to barge in on this thread ..... I have 29 points (Gold) but by the time we leave FOTS later this summer, wew ill be Platinum. So we basically go through this cruise as Gold with no other benefits.

I'm pretty sure that is the way it is supposed to work.

If we go and seek out this Loyalty Ambasssador.... does he/she have the authority to upgrade our status while on this sailing?

Also, my kids (3 and 4) are going on their first Royal Cruise. Will they start as gold? I'm curious as to whether not they will get the "gold" coupon books in the cabin.

Sorry to barge in on this thread ..... I have 29 points (Gold) but by the time we leave FOTS later this summer, wew ill be Platinum. So we basically go through this cruise as Gold with no other benefits.

I'm pretty sure that is the way it is supposed to work.

If we go and seek out this Loyalty Ambasssador.... does he/she have the authority to upgrade our status while on this sailing?

Also, my kids (3 and 4) are going on their first Royal Cruise. Will they start as gold? I'm curious as to whether not they will get the "gold" coupon books in the cabin.

Yes, that´s the way it works, no level change mid cruise, you have to complete the cruise and get to the next level on the following cruise.

They can enroll onboard, but since you can't enroll until you're onboard or have completed your first cruise, no, coupon books will not be waiting for them. When you enroll them, make sure they are linked to your account, because then when you become platinum after the cruise, so will they.

Archived