FLL to Miami Airport Earliest Flight

Solara

We are coming into Port Everglades at 7AM in November on the Emerald Princess. What would you say would be the earliest flight time when flying home from Miami? Choices would be either 12:40 or 3:40. What have others experienced before. We have always taken 1:30 flights home with no problem but wondering if 12:40 is too early. Thanks

We are coming into Port Everglades at 7AM in November on the Emerald Princess. What would you say would be the earliest flight time when flying home from Miami? Choices would be either 12:40 or 3:40. What have others experienced before. We have always taken 1:30 flights home with no problem but wondering if 12:40 is too early. Thanks

We were able to make it to an 8:30 AM flight off the Emerald Princess in Ft Lauderdale last Sept. While Miami is about another 40 minutes away, the 12:40 flight time should not be any problem whatsoever.

The earliest I would book a flight out of Miami is 11:00 AM -- you should make it with much time to spare for the 12:40 flight.

I always easily make a 10:20am flight. Taxi's are plentiful at the port and for around $15 you will be to the airport in less than 15 mins.
Huh? Miami is at least 30-45 minutes away, more with traffic. Taxis or vans generally run $70-100/. I priced them out last year and the cheapest shuttle I found was $78. As I remember, the Princess transfer was $19. Big difference. I'd be very nervous taking a 10:20am flight out of MIA and having to get from Port Everglades.

I always easily make a 10:20am flight. Taxi's are plentiful at the port and for around $15 you will be to the airport in less than 15 mins.

Evidentally you are referring to FLL airport and the OP asked about Miami.

OP, you should be OK with the earlier flight at 12:40, but as suggested, this is one time I would take the Princess shuttle instead of doing it on your own.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I was already planning on using the Princess transfers to Miami as much as I don't like doing it. Will decide tonight on booking the air as DH gets nervous if he thinks we will be late for a flight but I don't want to sit in Miami airport for an extra 3 hours either.

It looks like others have provided good information, but thought I'd add that we did a 12:10 flight out of MIA last October and had no problem. We used the Princess transfer and made it to the airport with plenty of time to to spare. After check in and security, we even had time to enjoy a cup of coffee before they called our flight. You'll be fine.

I do highly recommend the Princess transfer for this, by the way. The driver told us as we departed Port Everglades that he would have us to our terminal in 40 minutes, and he got us there in 40 minutes on the dot.

Best of luck and happy cruising!

Even though we had to wait for someone who got on the wrong bus (they went to FLL) and then when she arrived and found her luggage was still at FLL and it had to be brought back we were at MIA well before noon so as everyone has said it shouldn't be a problem.

Even though we had to wait for someone who got on the wrong bus (they went to FLL) and then when she arrived and found her luggage was still at FLL and it had to be brought back we were at MIA well before noon so as everyone has said it shouldn't be a problem.
That situation might give my DH a heart attack. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

Archived