Sanctuary Questions on Ruby?

mngolfer

Our cruise is getting closer, it sounds like it will be a lot of fun and we haven't been on Princess for awhile and am looking forward to the experience again. Love Eastern itinerary, St Martin and St John are our favorites and looking forward to the Turks. I have a question about the Sancuary, if you reserve spots for the week do you have assigned loungers or do you move around? Can you leave some things on loungers? How does it differ in general from the regular pool area? Thanks for the help!

Our cruise is getting closer, it sounds like it will be a lot of fun and we haven't been on Princess for awhile and am looking forward to the experience again. Love Eastern itinerary, St Martin and St John are our favorites and looking forward to the Turks. I have a question about the Sancuary, if you reserve spots for the week do you have assigned loungers or do you move around? Can you leave some things on loungers? How does it differ in general from the regular pool area? Thanks for the help!

You are assigned the same lounges all week. You can leave your stuff on the chairs and not be considered a "chair hog" since it is your chair for the week....nobody else can use it. It differs from the regular pool area in that it is VERY quiet with few other people around you. We try to book for a week on every cruise. Well worth the money in our opinion.

We also enjoy this space and I agree with the previous poster.

A couple of tips: There are generally 40 spaces in the Sanctuary. 20 of those are sold each day and the other 20 to passengers buying in for the entire cruise (You may already know this). Getting a seat isn't easy. If you have any intention of buying in for the entire cruise I highly suggest you arrive at the dock early for check in and immediately go to the Sanctuary as soon as you board the ship. You can not book over the phone or on-line in advance. Also, Paggengers on B2B cruises get first crack at the 20 spaces so there is a whole gang ahead of you that you really never even see. Also, Platinum and Elite Princess Circle passenges boaed first and again, have first crack.

I have often seen posts asking where to go first when boarding the ship to book specialty items. I suggest the Sanctuary first, Chef's table and Ultimate Balcony Dining next via phone to the dining line and finally Specialty Restaurant dining.

I hope this helps, wear your sneakers to make the dash all the way up there and have a fantastic cruise no matter what!! ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for all the info - I agree the Sanctuary is the best - Question for those who have been on the Ruby or Crown - where is the nearest pool from the Sanctuary. On our Coral trip last March it was in the Sanctuary area - but I heard it is different on the Ruby. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks for all the info - I agree the Sanctuary is the best - Question for those who have been on the Ruby or Crown - where is the nearest pool from the Sanctuary. On our Coral trip last March it was in the Sanctuary area - but I heard it is different on the Ruby. Any input would be appreciated.

Below is a picture from the Crown showing the Sanctuary at the top and the Spa pool (open to all adults) on the bottom, just down a few steps outside the Sanctuary. Ruby should be the same.

Click on the picture to enlarge the image.

100_5798.jpg.d128c7c7cd9f25af91bdb685fb8616ee.jpg

Ruby's Serenity Stewards are terrific! Very gracious, unassuming, always there waiting with a dry, clean towel after swimming, and just terrific workers. They'd work there all day, then sell candy for MUTS at night. When at Princess Cays, they would be on the sand selling drinks all day and they had a lot of pressure to sell a lot of them. We were happy to give our Serenity Stewards a very generous tip at the end of the week - they certainly deserved it. I did get the impression that they don't get tips often though.

Archived