hammocks?

vols_159

I was looking at pictures today of a carnival ship looked amazing.. One thing i fount interesting is the Hammocks.. Is this standard on all ships if not which one.. I dont think there would be anything better than laying in a hammock and sailing down the ocean! Ive never sailed carnival b4 Just 2x with NCL..

Yes, some of the ships that have a Serenity Adult Only deck have hammocks, usually covered and set closest to the ship. I know the Glory has an amazing Serenity deck and the Serenity deck on Splendor was quite nice, but I don't remember if I saw hammocks or not.

The large round beds on Serenity are oooh so nice too.....but remember to grab a towel before laying on any of the covered matts, you will be more comfy with a towel!

Eventually all ships will have a Serenity deck, so hopefully the ship you are going on has it already!

I was looking at pictures today of a carnival ship looked amazing.. One thing i fount interesting is the Hammocks.. Is this standard on all ships if not which one.. I dont think there would be anything better than laying in a hammock and sailing down the ocean! Ive never sailed carnival b4 Just 2x with NCL..

Laid in the hammock on the Dream and read my Nook....had to be one of the most relaxing times I had. Didn't want to get up, but was soooo hot. Could've laid there all day/night.

Yes, some of the ships that have a Serenity Adult Only deck have hammocks, usually covered and set closest to the ship. I know the Glory has an amazing Serenity deck and the Serenity deck on Splendor was quite nice, but I don't remember if I saw hammocks or not.

The large round beds on Serenity are oooh so nice too.....but remember to grab a towel before laying on any of the covered matts, you will be more comfy with a towel!

Eventually all ships will have a Serenity deck, so hopefully the ship you are going on has it already!

I am not sure I read this or misunderstood as I thought someone said some ships they have no plans for Serenity, like on Conquest?

Don't think it matters - not all Serenity areas have hammocks.

DSC_3439.JPG

If I may ask, what ship is this pic from?

I'm looking through the ZydecoCruiser site, but have not found this pic yet.

Lots of good stuff/info there, for sure! :)

Thanks.

The Freedom had a hammock - but only one (although there may have been a 2nd one but not positive) - the person who got it at 7AM had it all day so not much opportunity to snag it unless you lurk until they decide to leave. I personally think they should have more but takes up too much space - also, they are in the sun so you basically bake in it.

Freedom actually has 4 one in each corner of the top of the Serenity deck. They have some type of slatted roof but it is full sun. It was nice on a cloudy day and for the most part people took turns. Especially nice at night.

On the Freedom the big double beds did NOT have the shade canopy things like on other ships, or at least the three in front of the bar didn't. At the front of the ship they may have had them.

I just got off the Pride today and they had hammocks. They got saved very early by someones towel or t-shirt though. Although I did have to laught one night I was people at the late comedy show with their towels to put out before they went to bed........we had a really had storm that night and everything got soaked :D

Eve

I just got off the Pride today and they had hammocks. They got saved very early by someones towel or t-shirt though. Although I did have to laught one night I was people at the late comedy show with their towels to put out before they went to bed........we had a really had storm that night and everything got soaked :D

Eve

so I take it hammocks are not under the chair hog rule? ;)

Eve

It might just be me.. But i dont let a towel hold a hammock or chair.. If the person leaves for more than a dip in the pool or grab a quick snack.. And i wanna lay in the hammock.. ill be in the hammock.. Now if the person is there and laying thats one thing but I dont respect someone who lays a towel out earlier and except to have a spot when they come back 2 or 3 plus hours later

If I may ask, what ship is this pic from?

I'm looking through the ZydecoCruiser site, but have not found this pic yet.

Lots of good stuff/info there, for sure! :)

Thanks.

Carnival Magic and yes there is.

Specifically this page:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalMagic/May_01_2011/01Venice/index5.htm

also in this batch:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalMagic/ShipMap/15%20Serenity.htm#Serenity

They are also on Dream

P1010307.JPG

I was on Freedom last October and there were, I believe, 2 of the double hammocks on each side of Serenity, all under those slatted covers. They were always taken, except for when it was misting rain the afternoon we were in Grand Cayman. We stayed in the hot tub; lovely with the misty rain! Until we saw lightning in the distance across the North Sound, then we high tailed it inside! Forgot all about laying in the hammocks!

Freedom @ Serenity also had the round cabana bed/chairs with the covers the raised up. About 5-6 on each side.

Hey Sarge, Did you find the Magic's Serenity area to be cooler than the Dream? I had heard (but not been on either) that the Dream doesn't have much airflow.

Everything tends to be a little cool in the Mediterranean in May and we rarely cruise during the summer and I don't remember the last time I did the Caribbean in summer.

On the Carnival Dream Transatlantic, at times there was so much air flow that they pulled the furniture in to keep it from blowing over. :eek:

If there's no wind, there's no wind. There is a shower or two for a quick rinse if you get too hot.

Archived