Uniworld Prague to Cologne 10/21/11

fred111

• 3 weeks later...

We are on the Oct 7 Uniworld Prague to Cologne river Cruise. We are arriving a few days early in Prague and planning a day trip to Cesky Krumlov. Anyone else arriving early?

Ted & Bela

Too bad. Prague is a fun city. We like to get in early just to get over the jet lag problems.

We have been on the River Ambassador for the Castles on the Rhine cruise before they refurbished it. The ship has a great crew!

• 1 month later...

Fred,

We are still enjoying our Oct 7th trip! The weather was terrible for the first 5 or 6 days but we finally had sun yesterday! I just wanted to let you know the most important tip of the trip. If you have Jeanne as one of your local tour guides do what you can to get in her group. She was so much fun and made the tours so much better. We were lucky enough to get her on 3 of our tours.

Enjoy!!

Thanks for the information. We leave on Monday for Prague and will spend several days there before the cruise. The weather here in Virginia has been as bad as you saw on your cruise, hopefully it will improve next week.

Have a good time on the rest of your trip and looking forward to reading about it.

PS We will definitely look for Jeanne.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

We are on the River Ambassador right now. Boarded about 5:00 PM yesterday after almost a week in Prague.

Uniworld is again showing its high standards. The boat is in great shape and the crew is superb. Only 37 passengers so we have plenty of room. Should be a spectacular cruise. We are taking the WWII tour this morning in Nuremburg and will spend the rest of the day in town drinking beer and eating sausages.

Hi,

I hope you are finding this trip meeting all your expectations. If you have any tips you want to pass on, no matter how small, please do. We are taking this cruise next July combining it with the Belgium and Holland part.

This will be our first time with Uniworld, but not our first river cruise.

We will be in Spain for 2 weeks and then a TA, but will be watching this board for any input. Have a great time.

Carol

I'll write more later but the best advice I have is to be prepared to have a great time. Don't overpack, the crew on the ship gets laundry done in one day so you will have plenty of room in your suitcase for gifts!!!

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back and have to say, the cruise exceeded our high expectations. Uniworld did a terrific job throughout!

For anyone planning to go on this cruise, I'd make a couple of recommendations.

1. Go to Prague a few days early - it is a great town and you need four or five days to see it and the Czech Republic.

2. Get Mike (se info above) to take you to Chesky Crumlov. He is a great driver and tour guide.

3. Take the WWII tour in Nuremburg. Well worth the time.

4. Plan on spending as much time as possible in each of the towns. We didn't return to the boat for lunch on several occassions. Can't beat sitting in the town square drinking local beer and eating sausages.

5. Plan on being spoiled by one of the best crews on the European rivers.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for all the info (cut and pasted):D.

We were booked on this cruise last April but didn't go as the refurb wasn't finished on time:(. But Uniworld offered us the Enchanting Danube which was wonderful.

We love Uniworld and how they handled the cancellation so we are rebooking this cruise.

Really looking forward to it.

We only had 37!!! The ship holds about 120. The trip was amazing. The crew, food, entertainment, didn't change due to the small number of people. Uniworld went above and beyond to make sure everyone enjoyed themselves.

I believe the reason that there were so few people is that we were travelling "between seasons". The autumn river cruises were full, and in a couple of weeks, the ship would have been on the Christmas Market cruises.

We took the cruise for that reason. We knew is was a low time for tourists.

You can't go wrong on any cruise on a Uniworld ship. The ships are in great shape, the crews are top notch, the food is superb, and the people travelling tend to be interesting and friendly

Sounds good, but I find it hard to imagine only 37 passengers on the cruise we did on the River Beatrice down the Danube. Would have felt empty. Glad it worked out good for you. I also cannot imagine cruising on a river boat in the cold weather.

We have taken a couple of river cruises in colder weather. We are taking another in Nov 2012; Uniworld River Queen Classic Christmas Markets from Nuremburg to Frankfurt.

The weather is not a problem at all. We don't get rain during the Christmas Market season, and the snow doesn't bother us.

The thing that we found interesting on a ship with only 37 people is that everyone really got to know each other. There were no groups who stayed to themselves; everyone mingled. It was probably the friendliest group of passengers we have ever sailed with.

Archived