No Bon Voyage Room Decorations?

CatlinSTJ

We are sailing 10/1 - so we have awhile but i've been checking the computer every day as well to see if they are available! This is the first Cruise for the kids (4, 6 & 14) so we really wanted to surpirse them with the decorations! I hope they come back soon!!

I got an e-mail Per JH...the "Bon Voyage" decorations (that say bon voyage) will be available again as of August 2nd. He says they are made in China and it's taking awhile to get here...lol...I am hoping that is the case

I guess no-one in the US makes these?? :confused: Maybe I need to start a new business.

If you can't order them, like other posters have said, go to Party store or Dollar Tree and buy your own. Then sneak away from kids when you know you can get in cabin and decorate their room yourself. I am sure you know what they would like best. That way you can pick it out yourself.

If you can't order them, like other posters have said, go to Party store or Dollar Tree and buy your own. Then sneak away from kids when you know you can get in cabin and decorate their room yourself. I am sure you know what they would like best. That way you can pick it out yourself.

But the ones from Carnival are soooo cute, we loved them. To the op, I did hear on another discussion that the Bon Voyage ones will be avail soon, hopefully by the time you need them :D

j80iac.jpg

2i8ah4y.jpg

2ahaywy.jpg

I ordered those anniversary decorations without telling DH. When we walked into the room, it was so pretty. He really liked them.

The cabin steward did a great job of decorating. Also, this took time out of his busy morning, so we really appreciated the effort.

Pat

I vote for DIY!

It is so much more fun, there is more appreciation, and you have total control. Like everyone else says, just go to a local party store, stick the stuff in your carry-on. After you get on-board and everyone else goes to scout out the ship, you go to work.

100_0010_1.JPG

100_0011_1.JPG

Howard

This is an ongoing problem. I tried to order Anniversary decorations for my cruise last November and they were "out of stock" per BV department. Interestingly enough, once onboard we were walking around and came to the Formalities shop (senior moment; can't remember if that's the correct name!) and were told they had plenty. DH snuck away later and ordered them for our room, so I was really surprised. Point being, the website may show them out of stock, but the ship may have them. Of course, that does you no good if you want them up as the kids arrive!

• 2 weeks later...
This is an ongoing problem. I tried to order Anniversary decorations for my cruise last November and they were "out of stock" per BV department. Interestingly enough, once onboard we were walking around and came to the Formalities shop (senior moment; can't remember if that's the correct name!) and were told they had plenty. DH snuck away later and ordered them for our room, so I was really surprised. Point being, the website may show them out of stock, but the ship may have them. Of course, that does you no good if you want them up as the kids arrive!

That's good to know, Amy. :)

I too continued to go online and watch for them, then finally just gave up and ordered them via the phone. They asked when my sail date was, and said there should't be a problem getting them for us. So I ordered them and they've been paid for too. Fingers crossed they are in our room on Oct 1st!

Archived