No Bon Voyage Room Decorations?

CatlinSTJ

I went online to order decorations for my daughters' cabin and they no longer have the Bon Voyage room decorations listed. I called to find out what was going on and the lady I spoke to said that they had been sent an e-mail this morning telling them to stop selling them until further notice. She said they were out of stock but when I asked if they would be available again soon she hedged. I was really looking forward to surprising the kids for their first cruise, this is disappointing. :(

They'll have a blast, I know it, but I was really looking forward to that total "Mommy Moment", you know?

if you order these decorations, is the cabin pre-decorated when you arrive or do you get the decorations in a box and have to hang them yourself?

It is pre-decorated! You walk in the cabin, and there it is. The decorations really look great, and are well worth the money. We have done it several times, for several different occasions. If you do a search on this board, you can probably dig up some pictures. I would do it for you, but I don't know how! (computer handicapped!)

My sister spoke to Bon Voyage today to order them for our Spirit cruise next Tuesday. They didn't say anything about them being out of stock. I'll guess I'll have to her double check and make sure they are available.

Sure enough Carnival called my sister back yesterday and said the Bon Voyage ones specifically were backordered.

can you do it yourself? I did that for 3 rooms on the Legend, saved some money and decorated with more personal themes....pirates, hippies, butterflies, over the hill...that kind of stuff....it took approximately 3 minutes per room.....I took the advise of some on here and got big fish to hang with all the kids photos making funny faces....Grandparents loved it! made them at home and brought them in a manilla folder in the carry on....

I've been checking every day too, guess it's just not happening :( I'm actually going to take the girls out to get a few things to decorate their door. Not quite the same as walking in and finding it already done, but they'll have a blast and knowing those two it'll be interesting. (They're almost 12 and 17.)

If the bon voyage decorations are back ordered, why don't you send them a dozen roses. It will put a smile on their faces very time they walk into the cabin. Here is a picture of the ones my kids sent us. Made the entire room smell wonderful.

ry%3D400

Not sure of the ages of your kids for the "mommy moment" but we have replaced the cabin decorations with a computer made certificate that reads "Good For $35 On Board Credit". For our teenaged boys...that totally won the mommy moment! They were much more enthused and we spent the same amount.

I know you are disappointed but a certificate made on the computer for an amount that you saved in the decorations can go a long way in arcades, coffee credits and other purchases.

Just a consoling thought!

If the bon voyage decorations are back ordered, why don't you send them a dozen roses. It will put a smile on their faces very time they walk into the cabin. Here is a picture of the ones my kids sent us. Made the entire room smell wonderful.

ry%3D400

Wow! Those are gorgeous. I'm tempted to order them for myself.

It sure would confuse my DH :p

But just not as much fun. IMO. :p lol! At this point I have absolutely no vested interest in this (I ordered BV decorations for friends who went on a May cruise and they loved them :D), I'm just curious to see how long they're unavailable and this thread is a good way to keep up. :)

Archived