No Bon Voyage Room Decorations?

CatlinSTJ

I too continued to go online and watch for them, then finally just gave up and ordered them via the phone. They asked when my sail date was, and said there should't be a problem getting them for us. So I ordered them and they've been paid for too. Fingers crossed they are in our room on Oct 1st!

I wondered if you could do that...also good to know. :D

If the bon voyage decorations are back ordered, why don't you send them a dozen roses. It will put a smile on their faces very time they walk into the cabin. Here is a picture of the ones my kids sent us. Made the entire room smell wonderful.

I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the roses I bought at the Formalities shop on the Conquest. Those Yellow Roses (of Texas :D ) just kept getting bigger and bigger every day of the cruise. We assumed we couldn't take them off the ship with us, but they were maybe half way through their bloom.

I called and ordered directly with Bon Voyage this time instead of trying to book online. Gal said they would be back in stock on or about September 28th...I'm like ***** ? So I ordered anyhow hoping that they will be there for my October 2nd cruise on the Pride. If not, that will suck. I have proof that I ordered them via e-mail, so we shall see what happens. Unreal

P.S. I asked JH to look into it AGAIN. We shall see what happens, but from what I am reading here, it does not look very promising.

I called this week about the Bon Voyage decorations for our twin grandchildrens first cruise~I was told they were back ordered and should be back in stock Sept. 20th! In my opinion Carnival must not do much Bon Voyage business or they do all they want to do, I say this because to me they carry a limited assortment of items and they do not add to or change the selections. After 13 cruises we have pretty much ordered one of everything!

I tried ordering the Happy Birthday decorations by calling the Bon Voyage department. I wanted them for my friend cruising on Aug 27...they said they only had Congratulations decorations-Bummer! I don't understand why Carnival can't get their act together and get the decorations-by charging $35 each, this is pretty profitable for them and it seems like the demand is there!

Someone was asking about the bon voyage and birthday banners that were not available online. Here is the answer from a beard " Some “Birthday” and “Bon Voyage” decorations came in to the states. (We get these by slow boat).

They have to clear with Customs and then get received in the system.. I should know more Tuesday.We had a delay as we changed the weight of the banners so they’ll be easier to display and stay up without using duct tape. My apologies

I got this response from JH...hopefully they will have more info on Tuesday

I went online to order decorations for my daughters' cabin and they no longer have the Bon Voyage room decorations listed. I called to find out what was going on and the lady I spoke to said that they had been sent an e-mail this morning telling them to stop selling them until further notice. She said they were out of stock but when I asked if they would be available again soon she hedged. I was really looking forward to surprising the kids for their first cruise, this is disappointing. :(

They'll have a blast, I know it, but I was really looking forward to that total "Mommy Moment", you know?

I was at our local Nobbies (costume/party store) They had a TON of BV decorations, way better than they do on the ship. I Wonder if one of you could sneak into the room and decorate it while someone else keeps them engaged??? Nobbies has an online site, go check it out!!!

Cheers and good luck.

Carole

I ordered Happy Anniversary decorations more than a month ago. I called BV Dept 2 weeks prior to the trip to confirm that the decorations were in stock. I was assured the cabin would be decorated prior to our arrival. WRONG! They left a note that I would receive a "suitable" replacement. I said thanks, but no thanks and told them I want a credit. Not Congratulations decorations.

Ahhhh. Now it all makes sense. I'm just seeing this thread for the first time - thought I was going crazy. I hadn't called but have been looking at the bon voyage website every so often wondering why only the congratulations have been available. LOL.

I'm not sailing until November so I hope they figure it out by then. Does anyone know if you can have them decorate the room on another day, not the first day? We set sail on a 7 day cruise and his birthday is on the Tuesday of our cruise. I'd love for Happy Birthday to be put up when our cabin steward cleans the room on his birthday.... Hmmm..

Just got back from the Freedom. When we got to our cabin on Aug. 27, I expected to find Happy Anniversary decorations. Instead I found a note saying the demand this summer had been higher than expected and they were out of stock. I ordered these on Aug. 9, so they had plenty of time to advise me that they didn't have any. No biggie in terms of cruise satisfaction but I expected to at least find a credit on my credit card for them when I got home. Nothing.

I called Carnival today. She had to put in some sort of investigative thing and I am lead to believe it might be weeks before I get a credit for this. She said that Guest Services would post the credit but it had to come over from Bon Vonage. From reading this thread, it appears they should have never taken my order for the decorations in the first place so I don't understand why it will take weeks to get a credit. It's something I won't do again.

I also ordered a bottle of sparkling wine as that I thought would be delivered to our cabin on our anniversary. It was to be a suprise to my DH but there was a note left in the cabin at embarkation. And it was delivered to the steakhouse and served with our dinner that night instead of being brought to our cabin. We didn't say something to stop them from opening it then, so that part is our fault but we were a bit rattled by it showing up! If we had eaten in the dinning room, I wonder if they would have delivered it there? Anyway, my idea of sparkling wine on the balcony didn't happen either. :(

We did have a great anniversary (and a fun cruise) but just not exactly as I planned.

I was just off the Legend 2 weeks ago and we were sailing for my son's 8th Birthday. I brought decorations from home but while on board saw the special occasions "store". I asked if the cruise line has any decorations for birthday or celebrations that either I could buy to add to my own, or that I could have done by staff. We were told that they are no longer doing that. She told us that very recently the cruise line changed policy on decorating...and she was not sure why.

Of course you can buy flowers, cakes, gifts, lollipops, jellybeans etc just not decorations.

I did it myself and it looked great, but I would have paid to have it done for us by the cruise line...

I was just off the Legend 2 weeks ago and we were sailing for my son's 8th Birthday. I brought decorations from home but while on board saw the special occasions "store". I asked if the cruise line has any decorations for birthday or celebrations that either I could buy to add to my own, or that I could have done by staff. We were told that they are no longer doing that. She told us that very recently the cruise line changed policy on decorating...and she was not sure why.

Of course you can buy flowers, cakes, gifts, lollipops, jellybeans etc just not decorations.

I did it myself and it looked great, but I would have paid to have it done for us by the cruise line...

I think she was probably full of it. :p There was some discussion of them changing the way they hang it up, but supposedly they're just back-ordered. Guess time will tell... :)

Archived