No Bon Voyage Room Decorations?

CatlinSTJ

I went online to order decorations for my daughters' cabin and they no longer have the Bon Voyage room decorations listed. I called to find out what was going on and the lady I spoke to said that they had been sent an e-mail this morning telling them to stop selling them until further notice. She said they were out of stock but when I asked if they would be available again soon she hedged. I was really looking forward to surprising the kids for their first cruise, this is disappointing. :(

They'll have a blast, I know it, but I was really looking forward to that total "Mommy Moment", you know?

I have not seen any other ones, besides the "Congrats" one since the last week of Aug. !

I was gonna order the happy anniversary ones for my hubby for our room, for our 9/3 sailing. I was pretty bummed they didnt have it.

But there are other ways of getting the "mommy moment" You can, give her fun ship dollars to spend, Cakes, they have t-shirts and back packs, Flowers. I mean the list goes on :D

I honestly think she will be happy with any surprise you give her. But i hope that you can still get the decor in before you go!

Have a wonderful trip and Happy Cruising :cool:

Reading through this thread i find myself worried. :confused:

I knew Carnival had Birthday decos and for weeks couldn't for the life of me find them on the BV page. So a couple of weeks ago I called and inquired. I was told that, yes we have b-day decos and so I ordered them. I also ordered a bottle of liquor.

I hope that when I arrive, my room is decorated and my liquor is there. And hearing that its taking weeks for a credit I will not be a happy camper. :mad:

I guess I need to make a phone call!!!

Just made that call. I was told to call back tomorrow because the manager was gone for the day.

Basically, the rep tells me that they had been backordered for some time now and that the manager could call the ship to see if they have them. WHAT??????

Why wasn't i told this when I made my purchase? I think that Carnival is really messing up with this one.

SO I asked if I could cancel my order and get my money back, I was told yes. But only time will tell.

On the phone first thing tomorrow morning. AGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!

I really hope they are there because I ordered Happy Anniversary ones about a week ago for my Sunday sailing. I really hope they are in there! :(

We were on the Fantasy in June for our anniversary and I ordered the 'Happy Anniversary' kit. It was there when we got to our cabin. I was very pleased with them. Alot of decorations for your money.

Well, I called in this morning and.....

NO HAPPY BIRTHDAY DECORATIONS!!!

A call was placed to the ship and they are apparently still on backorder. I spoke with Virginia today, who was quite understanding and she issued me a credit back to my CC.

So, I'm a little disappointed but feel alot better knowing that I won't be surprised by a disappointing note re: my decorations.

To everyone who has ordered decorations, please call and double check so you won't be disappointed.

Happy Travels to all!!!;)

Hi guys, I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this cause I didn't read through all the replies. But I was in a hobby store here in Omaha (Nobbies) and they had some AMAZING bon voyage decorations. If you're going to be on the same cruise you could maybe buy some at the store and sneak into the room before sail away (sneak off while they are eating, go to the room early and if it's ok with the steward and the room is clean, put up the decorations yourself. I know it's not an ideal situation but it's kinda the only one there is if you only want Bon Voyage stuff.

For Birthday decorations, as long as it's not sail away day, you could slip your steward a extra tip and again bring your own decorations you bought at a local hobby or party store. I bet the ones you buy are way better for the money than the ones they provide for 35.00 I think it is.

Good luck!!Carole

Ordered decoration for our sailing on the Valor in a few weeks and the representative didn't even hesitate...so maybe they are starting to get them back. I noticed they weren't online still though. If you search for them you will get a message that you must call to order.

Nope...

But just not as much fun. IMO. :p lol! At this point I have absolutely no vested interest in this (I ordered BV decorations for friends who went on a May cruise and they loved them :D), I'm just curious to see how long they're unavailable and this thread is a good way to keep up. :)

Archived