How does it work?

Chuckwick3

Forgive me if this has been addressed previously but I could not find it in the search.

We will be leaving LAX flying to Seattle and after a layover will be flying on to anchorage. We purchased princess transfers and the airfare is Lso through princess. Due to life,etc. we will be flying out early on a Saturday morning and boarding the ship the same day(yes, I know, bad idea). Anyway, we are wondering how it works with luggage, do we check it at LAX and find it in our cabin? when we arrive in Anchorage are there princess representatives or do we just look for a princess bus? From the bus do we have to check in or just get our picture? Also, do we need to check in all together? My Mom is doing a land tour previous to the cruise, will she have to wait for the rest of us to check in? Sorry for all the questions, we usually do everything on our own but we were not involved in the planning of this marvelous trip. Oh, we will be on the Coral Princess going from Whitter to Vancouver in September.

Thanks again for the help!

While I haven't experienced your routing to Anchorage, we have used their transportation at other airports & it's been the same procedure...we pick up luggage & find the Princess rep with the clipboard & roster to get transportation to the ship. We've also boarded the ship at different times & my wife had no problem so it should be the same for your mom. If she's using a different chargecard, she may need to show it but my wife was using the same c/c & thus didn't need to show it.

I would suggest you get the exact answer from the agency you booked your travel and cruise with which seems to be Princess direct. The reps will have all the upto date information linked to your booking.

You will have to claim your luggage and the Princess rep. (who is very visible) will be there to check you in from your flight. After you will be lead to your bus(long bus ride to port) and at the port there will be someone to direct you to sign in. This is where you get your cruise card. Then somewhere they will take your welcome aboard picture and then when you board the ship they will want your cruise card to go in the machine and of course you "smile" again! Your Mother will be coming at a different time and she will do these things with the passengers who are coming from the land tour.

We did Alaska this past Sept. meeting my BIL &SIL on the ship after they did their land tour (we surprised them). Enjoy your cruise Alaska is awesome.

Carol

As said, the Princess rep will be at baggage claim and will give you directions as to what to do. Sometimes they have a porter with a large luggage cart taking people's luggage as soon as you claim it off the belt, sometimes they will have you wait with your luggage until everyone on your flight has theirs and you would then be led to a bus. Since you are going directly, I would very strongly suggest putting your cruise luggage tags on your bags before leaving home. It'll make it a lot easier to find it and if there are any luggage delays, it'll be identified.

You'll be taken to Whittier where you will check in and board. Your Mom, on a pre-cruise tour, will have been already transferred to the ship so you'll catch up with her onboard. It's possible, depending on the tour, that she might arrive after you.

Everyone has already given you the information that you requested. The rep is right there at baggage claim, you'll hand off to Princess porter, wait at bus. A couple of things that weren't mentioned: 1)you'll have to fill out a health certificate stating that you don't have any signs of illness before you're allowed to board. 2) make sure you have your cameras and binoculars out and readily available. We saw a huge bull moose just as we left the airport grounds in July '10! :eek: Watch along the side of the road where they will be munching on the willows.

Have fun!:D

Speaking of munching, you might pack yourself some snack foods. It is an almost two hour bus ride to the ship and after being on a plane most of the day, it is nice to have a little something to munch until you get to the ship. You can always take it home with you if you don't eat it, but something like trail mix or nuts works quite well to stave off any hunger.

Archived