Thermal Suite Cost

Woobstr112G

We haven't been on the Ruby so take it for what it's worth. On the Coral to Alaska last year the 7 day cruise cost was $130/couple and on the Sapphire to Mexico this year the 7 day cruise cost was $99/person. The short answer is that unlike the Sanctuary, the Thermal Suite cost appears to vary by ship and itinerary. Hopefully, someone who has been on the Ruby recently will post.

The Grand and Golden do not have Thermal Suites because the youth area is forward and takes up some of the area used by the Lotus Spa on later ships. The Coral/Island and the Star/Sapphire/Diamond/Caribbean/Crown/Emerald/Ruby have Thermal Suites. Except for the Sapphire (will get one in during the January drydock) all of those ships also have a Sanctuary. The Thermal Suite is in the interior of the Lotus Spa area. There are heated tile loungers that look uncomfortable but are so relaxing I often fall asleep in them. There are also several steam rooms of varying humidity and temperature levels, some with aromatherapy and hot and cold showers. It is an area you might spend an hour in once or maybe twice a day and can only be reserved by the duration of the cruise as there are no day passes.

Steam and Saunas are available in the mens and womens locker rooms and are free on the Ruby. If the Thermal Suite is something you would like to enjoy together as a couple than it may be worth it but I just wanted to point out that there are other ways to go. (And you didn't hear it from me but... I've known people who have been down there once or twice during their cruise and not paid... But I would never suggest that the monitoring of the area is a bit lax ;).)

Does anyone know what the cost of the thermal suite would be for my upcoming 18 day Med-T/A cruise (Ruby) in October?

Bob

A couple weeks ago it was $159/couple and $90/single for 9 days on Caribbean. It's been a different price on each cruise I've been on. For a 14 day last year on Crown it was $139/couple. Go figure.

I really love the Thermal Suites (and got free use this last cruise for being in a suite), but on all 3 ships where they've had it, the stone beds were just lukewarm. This last one on Caribbean were barely warm. Staff said they turned them up, but still no good. I got more "heat" by sitting back on the tile seats in the sauna.

I would never suggest that the monitoring of the area is a bit lax ;).)

I've always paid, but have wondered why they don't have some locks on the doors or someone who monitors the people in there. Anyone can go in and there's no one checking to see if you belong there or not.

A couple weeks ago it was $159/couple and $90/single for 9 days on Caribbean. It's been a different price on each cruise I've been on. For a 14 day last year on Crown it was $139/couple. Go figure.

I really love the Thermal Suites (and got free use this last cruise for being in a suite), but on all 3 ships where they've had it, the stone beds were just lukewarm. This last one on Caribbean were barely warm. Staff said they turned them up, but still no good. I got more "heat" by sitting back on the tile seats in the sauna.

That's exactly what I found on the Emerald & Ruby. On the Ruby I did ask if the temps could be raised as I was the only person in the TS. Also asked for the same on the aroma spa.

Bob

That's exactly what I found on the Emerald & Ruby. On the Ruby I did ask if the temps could be raised as I was the only person in the TS. Also asked for the same on the aroma spa.

Bob

I've gotten some serious relaxation in the Thermals during the past 3 cruises, but have had to reevaluate whether I'm willing to shell out approx. $100 just to go in the steam and sauna rooms since the beds are fairly worthless. (The beds on the Coral were the hottest). I might just go into the public - free - sauna and steam rooms, then into the hot tubs and save that money. I put a comment about the lukewarm beds on my post-cruise survey last week so maybe it will help.

Funny how we are all different. I loved that you could lie there a good long while and slowly, slowly I was warmed thru to every joint. Great for

arthritis after a long day in port. Used these on RCI and they were so

hot you could only lie on them for a few minutes. So much like the steam or sauna rooms there was no clear reason for them in my mind.

Another thing I like about the suites (Ruby) was the low light, music, zen-like atmosphere. Very quiet. On RCI the lounge area was brightly lit, with sea view, louder music and so, lots of chatter. Different atmosphere completely.

Archived