Luggage Tags

jlm41

Instructions says to fold and staple it around handle.

But doesn't luhhahe tags gets ripped easily ? It is just paper so if you wrapped around the handle, it will easily get ripped while loading and hadling.

Any tips/pics to securely put tags on bags and reduce the chance of it getting ripped?

What happens to your bags if the luggage tag is lost?

You're gonna get a ton of replies where people make a whole craft project out of it. If you aren't flying, folding and stapling is quite adequate. If that makes you too nervous then throw a few strips of packing tape over it. Any more than that is total overkill.

Happy Cruising!:cool:

we have never had any problems with it. I am going to take a little stapler so that I can put them on after we get off of the plane..but I haven't had a problem with it in port. Last year I read about all of the laminating and table etc etc etc that people on here to so I said that I was going to do that..my mom and sister laughed and talked me out of it..didn't have any issues.

Since we have a laminator here at work, I do everyone in my group. Real easy and I don't have to worry about them falling off. We fly from one side of the states to the other so I want to make sure they stay on. At the dollar store, they have a 100 plastic zip ties that I buy and use that to attach my tags to my suitcase. :p

Like Becca says - some people make a whole craft project out of it. All I do is fold according to instructions - put a couple of strips of packing tape on it - punch holes in either end and zip tie to the handle. I do this when I am at the hotel as shuttle loads luggage according to ship and this makes it easy for them to sort. I make a couple of extra copies of the luggage tag and just put into side pocket of suitcases - just incase tag comes off (they haven't yet). I also put a tag on my camera case/carry on in the event I leave it somwhere - it can be returned to my stateroom rather than go to lost and found.

.....I use Photo Paper since it's a lot thicker than regular paper and then I tape them all up with packing tape. Most of the time I can't rip them off the luggage handle I have to cut them off.

wasiii

I am all about convenience, so I ordered them from

favors by serendipity . com (put all the words together for the site) ~ Every bit worth the $2.50 each, plus we didn't have to mess with staples, tape, heavy paper, zipties, etc. from our hotel at origin. I ordered on a Thursday and received them by Monday.

IF the tags fall off and do not make it to your cabin-- there will be a "boatload" of lost luggage down by the Pursers Desk- if you do not receive your luggage by dinner time-- stop there and have a look

IF the tags fall off and do not make it to your cabin-- there will be a "boatload" of lost luggage down by the Pursers Desk- if you do not receive your luggage by dinner time-- stop there and have a look

In addition to any carnival tag everyone should put an ID tag with their first and last name on it. Then carnival can match the name with the bag. I have had several tags torn off and the bag was outside my door with a a new tag on it.

I generally use thicker paper (I don't go out and purchase thick paper just for this reason, I use what I already have in stock), fold and attach to the handle according to directions, using packing tape instead of staples. However, I have also used regular paper and stapled them on and they've been just fine.

Easy. No laminating, no hole punches, no zip ties or strings. Just tape and go. I also don't waste my colored ink on my printer. Black and white works just as fine.

I, too, put one on my carryon "just in case".

If I'm flying to a port, I wait until we arrive at our destination city before putting them on. No need to confuse airline baggage handlers with extra tags.

I just wait until we arrive in our port city and put the tags on according to instructions: fold and staple (we've also used scotch tape in place of a staple). Never a problem or a lost piece of luggage. On my last cruise, our luggaage tags were hanging on by a thread when they arrived. Perhaps in the future I will use a strip of packing tape over the face of the tag for added strength. (Great idea!):)

Why not use regular adhesive-backed label paper? You'll get the same effect as if you were getting proper airline tags.

Also, is there a consensus on whether or not to put these on BEFORE flying? One view is that they may interfere with the airline's tags. The opposing view is that if your bags get misdirected or delayed, the airline will know where they should be sending your bags to get them to you.

I got a little creative and bought some cheap platic notebook sleeves. Cut them down to size, use scotch tape to seal the sides, then paper punch a hole in the top, then use a zip tie.

Wa-la! Instant re usable luggage tag holders.

Melanie

Archived