Two sea days to start the cruise??

We did the 8 day exotic western on the Freedom. 4 sea days, 2 at the beginning. We were so tired after driving 2 1/2 days to get to the port, that we took a good nap the first day. Freedom has a nice Serenity area, grab a clamshell early and just chill for a day or two, watch the ocean go by, remind yourself that you're on a cruise!

Sewut

We are heavily considering the Freedom for next summer. The ports all sound great but my only concern is the first two days are two sea days. Anyone ever experience this? Is it overkill for the beginning of the cruise? The last day as a sea day is my favorite--I could even do my last two days as sea days but this is something new for me. Thoughts?

we love two sea days in the front. seems like one anyway, with the days passing so fast!

I'm not a fan of sea days, but I thought the two at the beginning were a good way to get totally into vacation mode. We had a hectic schedule leading up to our cruise, so it was nice to not have to wake up early and hit our port tours.

The last two are kind of a blur, but I know I would have preferred only one sea day at the end ... course I would have also liked to have spent more time in Cozumel - so I went back a few months later. :)

Our Miracle cruise departed NY @ 4pm on a Sunday with our first port being San Juan on Wed @ 4pm; now my math tells me that's 3 complete 24 hour days. The itinerary calls it 2 sea days, but to me 1+1+1=3 :rolleyes: And we loved every minute of it.

I have done this when I was sailing to the St. Thomas directly from Florida. I also did this on the Splendor recently going from Los Angeles to Cabo. Two days is good. A third day would be too much. Most of the passengers agreed with me on the Splendor. In reality I really liked the 2 days at sea. It was nice to walk the track upstairs and not see any land around you as you sailed in the middle of the ocean.

We are cruising the Freedom in December. It's been a rough year for us so far with family commitments and work and such. We are looking forward to those first 2 sea days to get some much needed R&R. Then we will have the energy needed to explore the ports once we arrive.

Just cruised on the Miracle last week with 2 days at sea, 3 ports, then 2 at sea. We loved it - gave a fair amount of time for the vacation relaxation to set in and to forget what day or time it is. And having the balcony for 8232 helps too - lots of time at sea to really get full use of the extra room - it was perfect!

I'm cruising in October with 2 sea days at the beginning and 2 at the end. I'll get back to ya'.:D

I personally enjoy having at least the first day being a SD. After the hustle and bustle of embark day , I love having the next day with absolutely nothing on the agenda!

I can't wait Becca, we will enjoy ever second of that cruise!!!! Is it October yet????:D

We are heavily considering the Freedom for next summer. The ports all sound great but my only concern is the first two days are two sea days. Anyone ever experience this? Is it overkill for the beginning of the cruise? The last day as a sea day is my favorite--I could even do my last two days as sea days but this is something new for me. Thoughts?

Two sea days at any time is two too many, but at the beginning of the cruise are terrible. If I have a choice I book a cruise with as few sea days as possible and NEVER back to back sea days.

Archived