For those who plan pvt excursions - is this too much OCD??

jdcml

So we sail on the Dream in October and are really looking forward to it. We've been planning for months etc and now have all our excursions prearranged, confirmation emails filed away, contact information ready to go etc. Which kind of stinks because now I don't have much left to research. So...last night my OCD kicked in and I got to thinking...

With the start of hurricane season and the potential of rerouting ships in the mix, itineraries can and do change. On rare occasions they will flip flop a Western itinerary for and Eastern. Has anyone ever done the research on the "other" route just to be on the safe side? I know that the odds of it happening are slim, so maybe I'm just looking for someone to be my enabler to make it ok to keep driving my DW crazy :)

What got me to thinking about it though was that if we switched for a storm at the time of sailing I'd be hosed and totally winging it which wouldn't be as much fun...

What got me to thinking about it though was that if we switched for a storm at the time of sailing I'd be hosed and totally winging it which wouldn't be as much fun...

You can look at is at searching for your next cruise, but there is no way you can search now for a hurricane detoured cruise, you wouldnt have any idea where they would send the ship.Its just not a standard East vs West switch.

They will do their best to keep to the schedule even if they have to reverse the ports to avoid the storm.

Every hurricane I have dealt with we just missed the ports.. so I would not bother researching for flip flops as they are extremely rare and if that happens your excursion people will know the ships would be in a different date.

I would assume if there is a problem you will just skip the port. We skipped two ports the last week in Sept last year. One lady told me this was the 3rd time in a row she missed Caymans.

My wife and I have sailed 7 times, 6 during the hurricane season and have never had one interfere with our cruise. We do not consider a hurricane when planning our cruise. If one blows in we will deal with it at that time.

Archived