Earlist airline departure time from Dover

MomC

We are sailing on the Marina next June and would like to know a realistic time which we can count on being at the airport in London. We will be taking a private transfer and will not have to wait for the hordes to board the ship transfer from the ship to the airport.

Ships docks at 6 AM. Do you think we could count on being off by 8 AM? Then how far is it to Heathrow or to Gatwick? We haven't made our reservations yet.

In my past experience, taking the ship's transfer to airports is the slowest way to get there so I would love your experience in this matter. Seems like a private driver is the fastest way to get from ship to airport.

The cruise line says no airline flights before 1 PM--just wondering if it is realistic to make a noon reservation if traveling by car.

Thanks so much for your input. We will be making our airline reservations soon since we are using frequent flyer miles.

Mom C

You will probably be fine, but sometimes probably misses a plane.

It is about 2 hours to London by car, but it might not take terribly much more time to get directly to the airport -- I am not sure. You might try posting that on the Ports of Call board to get a better idea.

Past experiences might or might not be relevant. We were supposed to be in Dover at 6 A.M., but we actually arrived and were tied up by 4 -- we had just come from Belgium so it is no distance. You didn't say where your last port of call was, so this might or might not be of any assistance.

Security at Heathrow is efficient.

Again, I would go on the Port of Call board and talk to people and get more exact timing information.

We are sailing on the Marina next June and would like to know a realistic time which we can count on being at the airport in London. We will be taking a private transfer and will not have to wait for the hordes to board the ship transfer from the ship to the airport.

Ships docks at 6 AM. Do you think we could count on being off by 8 AM? Then how far is it to Heathrow or to Gatwick? We haven't made our reservations yet.

In my past experience, taking the ship's transfer to airports is the slowest way to get there so I would love your experience in this matter. Seems like a private driver is the fastest way to get from ship to airport.

The cruise line says no airline flights before 1 PM--just wondering if it is realistic to make a noon reservation if traveling by car.

Thanks so much for your input. We will be making our airline reservations soon since we are using frequent flyer miles.

Mom C

Gatwick is 80 miles Say 90 minutes.

heathrow is 100 miles or 2 hrs.

2 hrs for check in & security

Off the ship at 7 You should be fine. Google private transfer Dover to Heathrow.

"Private Vehicle Transfer With Driver (One Way Cost Per Vehicle)

Vehicle Journey Rate People Luggage Capacity

Saloon/Sedan/MPV Car 2 hrs £185 4 4 cases, 4 carry on

Mercedes Luxury Van 2 hrs £195 5 8 cases, 6 carry on

8 Seat Bus 2 hrs £250 8 16 cases, 8 carry on

12 Seat Bus 2 hrs £300 12 16 cases, 8 carry on

16 Seat Bus 2 hrs £350 16 16/20 cases, 8 carry on

21 to 52 Seat Bus 2 hrs p.o.a 17+

Prices include all taxes.

Dover cruise/ferry terminals to & from Heathrow, Gatwick and Central London"

Go to your roll call to find someone to share.

This company are the least expensive from all that I have either used or looked up. If you get off the ship by 8:00am, it is 2 hours to Heathrow with no traffic and then the 2 hours prior to flight, 12:00pm is doable. Give this company a try. Forgot to tell you that they are 100 pounds for the ride.

http://www.coastalcarsairportservices.co.uk/

Bobi

As always, CC is a wealth of experience and information. I appreciate your answering this question and giving suggestions on companies to contact for service.

Mom C

Archived