Research research resarch

luv2cruise1994

Before i cruise or vacation for that matter i do tons of reseach online about my ship, my ports of call, excursions etc. I read reveiws, go to library and get a frommers book about islands Look at different excursions to book myself instead of on ship. Get street maps of island. Basically im on computer almost daily. My DW thinks i take this to extreme but i only want to maximize my time , money and want vacation to be all it can be Is anyone with me or is DW just not getting it Tell me your veiws

to me, cruise ships are all pretty much the same (with the exception of the Oasis, on which I did copious research.) I do look into the basics such as what are the quiet spots, does the library have a book swap shelf, more healthful food options, etc.

I do tons of research about places, including learning some key phrases in the language(s) of a place as well as some basic knowledge of the music, art, culture and history of where I'll visit. I also like to travel light and save money, so I always research where to find free Internet use, less expensive excursions, etc.

I find the research and planning for a trip nearly as satisfying as the actual trip.

I too do LOTS of research before we go. Buy books about the area, maps, research local tours, and "walk around" on Google earth.:D I think the pre-planning is almost as fun as the actual trip. Well, not really.....but it certainly enhances the experience....and I feel we don't waste so much time once there, trying to figure out where we want to go. I LOVE the planning!

I research vacations to the extreme as well ! I actually book, cancel, book, cancel etc many times during the vacation choosing process until I find something I think is just perfect (or I just run out of time!). Once a vacation is finally decided upon then I begin researching all aspects of the vacation. Sometimes I think I enjoy the research as much as the vacation itself.

Once a vacation is finally decided upon then I begin researching all aspects of the vacation. Sometimes I think I enjoy the research as much as the vacation itself.

I agree, I love the research as much as the trip. At first my husband thought that I spent WAY too much time doing all of this work. Then when he started experiencing the outcome from the research, he loved it. He especially loves all the money that I save. He now encourages me to do the research.

Before i cruise or vacation for that matter i do tons of reseach online about my ship, my ports of call, excursions etc. I read reveiws, go to library and get a frommers book about islands Look at different excursions to book myself instead of on ship. Get street maps of island. Basically im on computer almost daily. My DW thinks i take this to extreme but i only want to maximize my time , money and want vacation to be all it can be Is anyone with me or is DW just not getting it Tell me your veiws

Usually don't do much research in advance for ports or excursions.

Exception is 62 day Med/Black Sea cruise in March, 2012. Have already started :eek: checking out things to do and tour operators.

Your DW just doesn't get it! :) If it makes you feel any better, either does my DH :rolleyes:

I start my online research before anything is even booked, and probably take it to the extreme once the reservations are made! We are going on an Alaskan Cruise next June, and I've been on this site (along with Princess Cruise site) at least twice per day!

Archived