Freedom Of The Seas

Hello, just wanted to start a thread that allowed everyone to talk about Freedom of the Seas in general, not necessaily for a specific sailing date.

Just general information and comments.

What you think about the ships size? What do you think the surprise will be once they revealed what she'll have that none of the other Voyager class ships have?

We booked our cruise the day the reservations open to C&A members. Thru these great boards, I was able to get a phone number that actually got me thru to someone in a matter of minutes. I've heard some folks couldn't get thru for hours.

I booked our first D1 cabin on the aft deck 10 for this cruise. Never been on the aft deck before. We usually book a D1 cabin in the middle of the ship. Anyone else that has previously booked an aft cabin, did you like it? Is it better to be on a higher or lower aft deck cabin?

Someone mentioned that this ship both the rooms and balcony are suppose to be larger than the other ships. Hope that is true. Not that we spent that much time in our cabin anyway, but kinda looking forward to relaxing on the balcony catching some rays (verses hunting down chairs by the pool - :) ).

Do you think you got a fair price for you cabin compaired to other cruises you have been on with RCCL?

Come join in and leave your comments....

Happy cruising to all.:p

Guest Crazeecat5

Hi all,

My DH and I are booked on the July 23,2006 sailing in an E2. We booked on Feb.28 when it opened for C&A members. Not a bad price. Now comes the wait......

Sheryl

ichur, I think we'll be cruising on the same dates - :) . We'll be on FOS Dec 10, 2006. No one can believe we booked that far out (of course the folks that I'm talking about have never cruised before either:D. They just don't understand.

Looks like you love to cruise too. Once you've been on that first cruise, you are hooked for life, we can't seem to get enough. We also spoiled my Mom on cruising and actually we are taking her with us on this cruise. It will be her 3rd.

Gingras3, we booked cabin 1400aft on FOS. So that should almost be next door to your room, too bad we have different sailing. But maybe you can drop back in after your cruise and let me know what you though of your cabin? Would really apprecate it. Thank you in advance. They tell me, our is a corner cabin, so I'm hoping it's big and roomie. Have you even been in an aft cabin before? Did you like it?

My DH & I booked for Oct 1 06, cabin 1318 mid ship.

A Looooooong wait for this one.

going on the Vision(Alaska) in Sept and the Mariner in Oct and the Sovereign in Oct.

We love cruising

Hi Everyone,

I will be going on the Halloween cruise. Should be interesting. I think I will dress up for it also just hate to carry my costume. My girlfriend and I will be going. She is leaving her husband behind so we will be having a girls trip. We have a balcony room(my first) on deck 7 toward the middle of the ship.

Am looking forward to this trip.

Has anyone heard when RCCL will be posting FOS prices, availability etc on their web site. I thought I read somewhere where it said by the end of March. I was just curious to see if they prices remained the same or have gone up.

Can wait to hear what else they have in store for the FOS that we don't know about yet. Any ideas?

Glad to hear we will be sailing on the same date and ship. Hope we can meet at the Meet and Mingle. It seems so far away Dec 2006 so we booked a cruise with our daughter and granddaughters on the enhanced Enchantment of the Seas in Feb 2006. We love crusing and meeting everyone.

Irene & Miles

Taylor Michigan

We booked the day they allowed C&A to pre-book, we are on the 12/03/06

sailing, always found that to be the best time for us, and the weather

has always been pretty decent. We are in a JS(junior suite) mid-ship.

Have always wanted to try the aft cabins, but some have said they feel

more vibration back there, and that won't work for me. As far as cost it

compared to the same we always have been paying on the voyager class

for the same time of year. Really looking forward to seeing what changes

and additions are made to this ship. Hard to wait until 2006 for a cruise so

we booked HAL for Dec. of 2005. Will be anxious to hear what all the

cruisers before us we have to say.

Ann & Dan

Booked my first promenade room on the Freedom 11/26/06 sailing this week. Some friends were already booked and I couldn't let them sail without me :eek:

Thank goodness for the Adventure 9/25/05 that is coming up because I wouldn't be able to stand the wait!

We had a hump cabin on our last cruise sailing and really enjoyed the extra space. You will love it. But then again as long as we are out there sailing (and not home or at work), any cabin is great.

This will be out first aft and I'm hoping we'll love it. I have heard that some people like them and some don't. I guess it's all personal preference. I can't wait to Dec 2006 to go.

I'm actually already looking at booking our Alaska cruise for Aug 2007 - don't like cruisng much do we:D . We are planning on doing a cruisetour with RCCL on Vision.

• 2 weeks later...

Gingras sorry to hear that you had to change your original sailing date, but at least you're still going. That is all that really matters. And you were still able to get an aft balcony cabin.

Please take some pictures of the cabin and balcony for all of us that won't be going until Dec 2006 can see what they look like. Are they really going to be bigger or just some of the rooms/balconies etc.

I know we keep hearing that RCCL song on TV, and now everytime the music comes on, our 99lb German Shepherd dog comes running towards my husband - he's got him trained :) . But the poor dog doesn't realize, that whenever that music comes up = means "Doggie Hotel" for him when we leave.

I just checked out the prices for a D1 balcony and they seem to have gone up in price since we booked our cabin. I bet the first two years we won't see any decreases in prices for FOS. I'm sure they'll have no problem filling the ship up.

Gingras: We are also on the 10/15/06 sailing. Trying a "bump" cabin this time. Looking forward to this as we will also be celebrating our anniversary. We are also booked on the 7/7/05 sailing of the newly stretched and refurbished Enchantment. We wanted to be able to sail as Platinum C&A members on the FOS next year.

Hi Kedi, I will also be on the 10/29/06 sailing along with a group of friends I've met here on the boards. Haven't booked yet as I plan to do that in Sept. while I'm on the Empress, might as well get that shipboard credit.:D

penguin, i will definately take pics. Different sites have different sizes for each cabin, so not sure there. never had a balcony before.

Merian,

This will be our 4th anniversary, how many for you? Still kinda bummed, but happy to still be going.

Richie

Gingras, we have our 8th Anniv coming up June 1st. We're planning on taking an Alaska cruisetour for our 10th. I want to book it now, but I guess 2007 cruises aren't out yet:mad: .

OMG - if you have never had a balcony cabin before, you guys are really in for a BIG treat. You will not want to book any other type of cabin again. My Mom and husbands Mom went with us (cruise before last and share a cabiin - first time cruiser for both Mom's) and now neither Mom will go unless they can have a balcony. Just relaxing out there in the morning sipping coffee or just listening to the waves is so relaxing. Esp. when you are able to see the dolphins jumping right in front of you. And you can sit out there in your P.J.'s if you wanted to :D , it is so cool, you guys will love it. Please let me know how you enjoyed it when you come back.

Archived