Bringing Drinks & bottled water on board?

Does RCI allow you to bring any bottled water or canned soft drinks on board? We sailed Carnival last year, and they did.

What sort of drink selection do you have included in the cost of the cruise?

We are going to be on the Freedom of the Seas in August.

It seems to depend on the port. While technically not permitted we've never had a problem bringing a few bottles of water and Diet Pepsi on board in Bayonne while others have reported not being allowed to bring anything on in Galveston.

Included beverages are coffee, tea, hot chocolate, milk, lemonade, iced tea and juice which is included at breakfast only. Most ships also have flavored water in the Windjammer at lunch. Soda may be purchased by the can for about $2.25.

Does RCI allow you to bring any bottled water or canned soft drinks on board? We sailed Carnival last year, and they did.

We brought a case of water on board for our recent Oasis sailing. It was no problem...just put a luggage tag on it, and it was delivered to our cabin along with our luggage.

Just fot off of FOS June 19th. I brought a case of water slapped a luggage tag on it & it was delivered to my room. Also carried on 2-12 packs of soda Mountain Dew & Diet Dr Pepper. No problems there at all. So technically according to Royal Caribbean not allowed. But sometimes there are rules and "rules" ;).

Out of south florida ports, we always bring and have never had a problem bringing a 6; 8 or 12 pack depending on the length of the cruise. I always keep it in its original shrink wrap packing to avoid any problems (I've seen security take away individual bottles at checkin b/c often people swap out the water for vodka). We had put the room tag on it and/or we usually bring a large soft sided cooler and just tag that with the water inside. I've tossed in a few can sodas on occassion without problems as well.

On our Oasis cruise in Feb. while sitting in the prominade during embarkation, I saw two husky guys carrying FOUR cases of soda (one on each shoulder) straight down the prominade (meaning they took that through embarkation security). I always thought being discrete was better and I have seen the slew of bottles (water, soda and booze collection confiscated) at the security tables, so I would avoid that.

Now as far as putting any other type of liquid in your suitcase;) I would give it a 90% chance of being confiscated unless its of the boxed variety or plastic, if boxed/plastic then I drop the odds down to 10% of being detected.

In Puerto Rico, they encourage you to shop at the duty free before boarding, and this was three years ago, but told you that you could, and I can attest, carry on your booze right to your room. duty free is after security, however, there was a security person standing at the gangway, but didn't stop anyone with duty free. (prices were very good).

As a previous poster mentioned, much has to do with the individual ports. When RCCL sailed out of San Diego (I believe they no longer do), I wouldn't bring a 2 oz bottle of water in my luggage, as they were relentless there and from personal experience, when they did take some thing away they would not return it as most ports do. Okay, just me venting about san diego.

I brought a 24 pack of water on in Bayonne (Ex) with no problem. There were also signs saying alcohol was not allowed, and that, if found, it would be confiscated and would not be returned.

I think they should pay more attention to rumrunners. According to my kids, there was a teen about 15 years old onboard the last night, drunk, with a rumrunner in his shorts.

Anyone recently been to a RCCL out of Galveston....are they still really strict about water/soda???

Thanks

They were very strict last March. Security at Xray made my wife dispose of the half consumed bottle of water that she was actually drinking from.

There was one of their large luggage carts right next to the xray scanners that was half filled with confiscated liquids. Both alcoholic and non-alcoholic.

I also heard many folks talking during the cruise about the confiscation policy there.

Since RCCL left Galveston in April for the summer sailing period in Europe, there won't be any recent info on this port. They will return to Galveston in November with the Mariner for the winter season.

When you say you put a luggage tag on the water... was it in a suitcase, or just a case of water?

We are sailing out of Port Canaveral.. so I will report back after our cruise next month.

No suitcase for us. We just stuck the luggage tag sticker right onto the shrink-wrapped case of water, and that was it.

I also tagged a 24 pack shrink wrapped water last year and sent it in with our luggage (San Juan departure). It arrived at our room no problem except for the 3 bottles that someone decided to help themselves to. Who ever did it actually broke the plastic wrap and took what they wanted. Oh well!

This is what RC told me

Many thanks for your email dated the 7th of June.

Guests are not permitted to bring quantities of bottled water or other

beverages onboard our ships. Guests may have one bottle of water as

carry-on while checking in. You are not allowed to bring any other

quantity of water onboard the ship with you. However, we do have water and

beverage packages you can take advantage of, and these are good value for

money. Please check the "Pre Cruise Planner" section of the website. It is

located under "Before You Board" on www.royalcaribbean.co.uk

You can find it by clicking this link:

http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/beforeyouboard/cruiseEnhancements.do?cS=NAVBAR

Here, you can go through your cruise day by day and book shore excursions,

amenities, drinks packages etc.

I also tagged a 24 pack shrink wrapped water last year and sent it in with our luggage (San Juan departure). It arrived at our room no problem except for the 3 bottles that someone decided to help themselves to. Who ever did it actually broke the plastic wrap and took what they wanted. Oh well!

They were probably just randomly checking for alcohol in the bottles.

Hubby and son purchased the drink card, I bought some diet pepsi on board because I'm not a coke fan. We also bought a few bottle of water. I wouldn't bring water on the ship again; because I thought the water tasted good.

We usually bring a 24 pack of water, we reinforce the shrink wrap with duct tape & put a luggage tag on it. We have had problems during Spring break, however we have always gotten our water. I would not drink the tap water in the cabins.

We usually bring a 24 pack of water, we reinforce the shrink wrap with duct tape & put a luggage tag on it. We have had problems during Spring break, however we have always gotten our water. I would not drink the tap water in the cabins.

...the water on the ship is probably better then most of us have at home, and there are no empty plastic bottles. bring a s/s "water" bottle and fill it up with; water, juice, tea, lemonade.....:D

This question has been discussed a billion times in the past. Use the search feature next time and save yourself the hassle.

This question has been discussed a billion times in the past. Use the search feature next time and save yourself the hassle.

The question was "do they" not "did they." Sometimes people want current information and that is why they do not do a search for past discussion.

The question was "do they" not "did they." Sometimes people want current information and that is why they do not do a search for past discussion.

The same question pops up practically everyday. I am pretty sure RCCL doesnt change their rules on a weekly or daily basis.

Filtering search results by date is easy. Try it sometime. Works like magic....

The same question pops up practically everyday. I am pretty sure RCCL doesnt change their rules on a weekly or daily basis.

Filtering search results by date is easy. Try it sometime. Works like magic....

The-Dude = The-Cock

I brought a 24 pack of water on in Bayonne (Ex) with no problem. There were also signs saying alcohol was not allowed, and that, if found, it would be confiscated and would not be returned.

I think they should pay more attention to rumrunners. According to my kids, there was a teen about 15 years old onboard the last night, drunk, with a rumrunner in his shorts.

His parents should have been paying attention to him. That why they are so strict will others because of foolish people.

Archived