OASIS - June 25th Review

So I have one question.....did you LOVE the ship:D

Let me say, yes and no. I think LOVE is too strong a word. I didnt love her basically because other then my balcony or when you're at one of the pool decks, you dont feel like you are at sea. Everything feels like it is indoors. It was raining when we had reservations at Chops and I didnt like having to get wet.

Note: there are umbrellas out when it rains- but they are situated in front of the CP Restaurants. If you are coming out of Chops or 150 Park, its great- you just grab an umbrella...but if you are coming from your stateroom, from an inside elevator and it just starts raining, you are out of luck. Plus it gets slippery out there in the rain so a lady in heels is out of luck trying to even speed up the pace, lol. My DH noticed umbrellas outside of 150 I think it was and grabbed one and walked me to Chops.

Would I sail on her again? Yes, for the right price and situation.

Installing retractable awnings that cover the walkways when it is raining and dinner time would be great! :)

It was a very quick ride, 15 minutes to the door of Iberostar.

Thanks for that input, I am currently considering to go back on Allure or try Oasis and then do I repeat the Eastern route or go Western. (I've done both twice) Till this review, I didn't see anything about Falmouth to make me want to go there, so its a toss up between going back to two places I like, St Maarten and Labadee. I wish I could get RCI to cut Nassau off the Eastern route and stop in Labadee on the way to St Thomas, or on the way back to FLL.

Thanks for that input, I am currently considering to go back on Allure or try Oasis and then do I repeat the Eastern route or go Western. (I've done both twice) Till this review, I didn't see anything about Falmouth to make me want to go there, so its a toss up between going back to two places I like, St Maarten and Labadee. I wish I could get RCI to cut Nassau off the Eastern route and stop in Labadee on the way to St Thomas, or on the way back to FLL.

Im with you on that request to Royal. I am not a fan of the Bahamas at all.

This was out third time to Jamaica (maybe 4th?). in the past we swam w/ the dolphins, we have climbed dunns falls more times than id like (last time halfway up I decided I was nuts to do it a third time and bowed out. there is one place to the left of the falls where you can "get out"! lol)

Anyway, pardon my ramble, but in regard to the AI resort we went to, if you like going to all inclusives on islands, this one was great. Get there as early as possible, because you wont want to leave! lol I have to say, it ranks up there as a favorite of all the times we have been to Jamaica.

Nice review!!! Great to read it as we go on the sister ship here in several days!!!

Glad you had a good time!!!

EXCITING!!! (can I come?)

Have a Starbucks for me while on board Allure!! Thats one of the things I missed out on while on Oasis, good coffee!! it was there, I just couldnt find the time for it.

NOOOO! I love Nassau (actually the kids adore Atlantis and the waterpark). I don't want them to cut that out. But they have GOT to make that port a longer stay than 6 hours. It's a total waste of time to be there for such a short time because you essentially cannot do anything. I wish they would be there for a full day like the other ports.

I too heard that when you are on Allure/Oasis, you don't feel like you are on the ocean. I am not too crazy about that since I do love to "sail" and feel the wind in my hair. We will have a large balcony cabin in our OS so I am hoping that will negate the "mall" feeling of the ship.

Katherine

You're not missing anything, I just don't like the taste of dark nori. At our local sushi place they make our rolls with white seaweed, it is pretty flavorless. Soy paper is a great alternative too.

We love Soy paper also it makes the sushi feel fresher.......sometimes nori can be a slight big tough and chewy. Soy paper is never tough. But sometimes with Soy paper the sushi can fall apart a little easier. It probably matters who is rolling it and how tight they make it to.

I read everything I could about Nachi Cocom, Mr Sanchos, Paradise something-or-other. For me it was a toss between Nachi and Mr. Sanchos. I was leaning towards a peaceful and chill type of day. We bring our own music, so we didn't need loud music playing overhead. After reading 99% excellent reviews and seeing wonderful pictures we booked Nachi. We took a cab there ($17 and DH gave the driver $20)

DSC_0084.jpg

I dont have the picture scanned, but when you arrive, you are greeted by a girl who takes your picture wearing huge sombreros. (I really should have scanned it!) We did purchase the picture, it is 12.00.

Initially Nachi Cocom looks great and the service seems to be impeccable; Manuel kept coming over to us to see if we needed more drinks. This was a huge issue, there seemed to be NO alcohol in their alcohol- seriously. If you are a beer drinker then Nachi can work for you. The other issue was the water. The ocean was not beautiful, it was not clear, it was ugly. Because of these two issues it makes me also say that the beach should have been raked that morning, before cruise guests arrived.

There are plenty of palapas.

DSC_0094.jpg

and some hammocks.

DSC_0098.jpg

DSC_0099.jpg

We also hung out at the pool area.

DSC_0101.jpg

The ocean was the big disappointment. Another family that was at Nachi from a CCL cruise said him and his wife had been there a few years prior, and since the beach lost about 15'- and he had promised his little ones beautiful blue water and it wasn't!

Doesnt it look beautful? (Note- the beach with the blow up water park is Paradise beach)

DSC_0109.jpg

In.....

DSC_0102.jpg

and rushing out! (in disgust)

DSC_0106.jpg

Rented wave runners for both kids here:

DSC_0110.jpg

DSC_0116.jpg

DSC_0119.jpg

DS said the jet ski's definitely need work, bad performance!

I dont like being the bearer of anything not positive, but I also have to tell it like it is and altho this might be the second negative review of Nachi Cocom across the web, lol, it was our experience.

I almost forgot, the most amazing part of the ice show was the sand art artist, it was amazing to watch.

This is not mine, but I found this clip on youtube. If you havent seen it, its really great.

This artist was featured on CNN about 4-5 years ago. I thought it was amazing what they could do! The one I saw was much longer and had a lot of tones of war and death. It was actually pretty sad. They must have reworked the theme for a more upbeat "story" for cruise passengers. In any case, it's incredible talent!

Katherine

Archived