Early saver question re: using the credit if we cancel

Bibble

Before I call, I was wondering if anyone has had this scenario:

More than one cruise booked. You cancel an early saver cruise. They keep $50 of your deposit, but now you have a credit for the remainder of your deposit, to use on a future cruise. Can it be used towards a cruise you already have booked?

Has anyone done that?

Yes, you can apply the funds (minus the $50pp fee) to the balance of a future booked cruise but you have to do it at the time that you cancel the ES cruise.

If you don't transfer the funds at the time of cancellation, then it will be applied to a future cruise as an OBC rather than applied to reduce the actual cruise fare when booking the next cruise.

Before I call, I was wondering if anyone has had this scenario:

More than one cruise booked. You cancel an early saver cruise. They keep $50 of your deposit, but now you have a credit for the remainder of your deposit, to use on a future cruise. Can it be used towards a cruise you already have booked?

Has anyone done that?

Yes I have done this before.

You will lose the $50. If you have a cruise already booked you cannot use the credit on that cruise. You can however use it on a future cruise. If you do not have a cruise ready to book it will sit in limbo with Carnival until you are ready or 2 years. After 2 years Carnival will refund the funds to you. It will not be applied as OBC unless your pay your future cruise in full.

Hope this helps, Ruth

I was told by my PVP that if i cancelled my ES cruise that I could use the funds towards my already booked cruise? Is that incorrect?

P.S. Well I just called my PVP to cancel an ES and rebook a new cruise and yes I was able to put the $$ towards that but not towards an already booked cruise!!!

I was told by my PVP that if i cancelled my ES cruise that I could use the funds towards my already booked cruise? Is that incorrect?

Yes, your PVP is correct. I have done it before.

Also to the person that says Carnival will refund your money after 2 years..please post a link to that. That money will stay in house as credit, if its not used...its not refunded.

Yes, your PVP is correct. I have done it before.

Also to the person that says Carnival will refund your money after 2 years..please post a link to that. That money will stay in house as credit, if its not used...its not refunded.

right, you have two years to use the credit, and after that you forfeit it.

Archived