Champagne upon embarkation

roe2ship

Does Celebrity still offer champagne upon embarkation?

Yes! We were offered champagne and/or some juice combo was we boarded June 7 in Barcelona. Nice welcoming for our first cruise with Celebrity.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Just back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. These postings are now at 17,489 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2011, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 45,580 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Appreciate those who have “tuned in” for these two posts. Don’t be shy and feel free to comment and/or ask any questions of interest.

Sparkling wine, at least. Also, as has been mentioned, mimosa or orange juice. Wine purists will say that it's not champagne if it's not from the Champagne reigon of France, and since mimosa is technically 1/2 champagne and 1/2 chilled orange juice, it may not actually be proper to call it mimosa, either.

Be it champagne or sparkling wine, mimosa or faux mimosa, it's bubbly and tickles my nose, and that's all that matters to me! When they offer the platter with a selection of drinks on it, I know I'm home!:):cool:

We were not handed a glass immediately upon boarding the Millennium --- would have been nice if it were like the above picture. Rather, we stepped through the embarkation deck and found the sparkling wine and non-alcoholic drink sitting on a table near the stairwell close to the Captain's Club area. Either way, it's the thought that counts.

Karen

Sparkling wine, at least. Also, as has been mentioned, mimosa or orange juice. Wine purists will say that it's not champagne if it's not from the Champagne reigon of France, and since mimosa is technically 1/2 champagne and 1/2 chilled orange juice, it may not actually be proper to call it mimosa, either.

I believe a Sparkamosa is the technical term. :D

I had read somewhere that at the port in Seattle if you are in a suite you have a seperate waiting area and they serve champagne and OJ. This is our first cruise with Celebrity so that is exciting. All we got with HAL was to sit in a roped off area prior to boarding.

This is true and there were also breakfast pastries on our 6/24/11 departure

Reason I asked was a few weeks ago someone posted a review and commented that no champagne was offered, but so far it seems that everyone had it on their cruise. I'm glad to hear it is still available, just feel like it is a special touch....and the picture posted above with the white gloves is even better....I can't wait!! Thanks!:)

I had read somewhere that at the port in Seattle if you are in a suite you have a seperate waiting area and they serve champagne and OJ. This is our first cruise with Celebrity so that is exciting. All we got with HAL was to sit in a roped off area prior to boarding.

This is true and there were also breakfast pastries on our 6/24/11 departure

We even had a special shuttle just for suite guests take us to the ship from the waiting area !

The breakfast pastries were a nice touch to an other wise sad time --- the END of the cruise!!

Reason I asked was a few weeks ago someone posted a review and commented that no champagne was offered, but so far it seems that everyone had it on their cruise. I'm glad to hear it is still available, just feel like it is a special touch....and the picture posted above with the white gloves is even better....I can't wait!! Thanks!:)

Once or twice we got on board really early and they hadn't started the Champagne yet - we went back a little later to get ours. Might also happen if you're boarding at the late end and the staff had to go to other duties.

Archived