Florence Museum timed tickets

2theship

I understand that it's important to get tickets in advance for the Accademia and Uffizi Galleries in Florence. I even know that if I order by phone I don't have to pre-pay and can save the service charge. That leaves one question - if I order tickets for 10:00 a.m., what's my window of time to use it? If we don't get there until 11:00, is the ticket still good?

Thanks!

When I was there you had to line up before your appointed time to get your actual ticket to get IN at your appointed time at the Uffizi. Not sure if it is the same way now. BTW for me, if I went back I'd go to the Bargello which has sculpture instead of the Uffizi.

I have learned that I prefer Renaissance religious art on the walls and ceilings of churches or palazzos where it was originally intended to be seen.

I understand that it's important to get tickets in advance for the Accademia and Uffizi Galleries in Florence. I even know that if I order by phone I don't have to pre-pay and can save the service charge. That leaves one question - if I order tickets for 10:00 a.m., what's my window of time to use it? If we don't get there until 11:00, is the ticket still good?

Thanks!

I actually bought those tickets and then my travel agent said I would not get off the ship and to the location in time. I emailed and asked if I could arrive late and they said only 15 minutes late. They kindly refunded my money. Judy

Maybe it depends on the time of year as we were there in early Nov of 2009 and we were hrs. early as we did a DIY tour of Florence. We popped in just on the off chance that we could get in early and it was no problem. Seeing the David,by the way, brought goosebumps to my flesh-it was so lifelike.

Didn't get to the Uffizi. Shelly:)

We traveled in October 2009 and had prepaid tickets 10 am for Academia - the museum was not very busy so our timed ticket was not that important - and some others who did not have tickets stood in line for a very short time. Last Nov we had prepaid tickets for the Uffizi and to be safe I had tickets for 11am. Even in Nov there were long lines for those who did not have pre-paid tickets. We did get there a little early, but we were in Florenceand just look around the area. I felt much better getting their early - better safe than sorry. So if you plan to do both, Accademia in the morning and Uffizi about 1 1/2 hours after. Accept for David, Accademia did not interest me, and neither did the Uffizi - since I love museums, I was a little disapointed. I much prefered the Borghese in Rome. I also prefer my sacred art in churches.

I think being early is at the discretion of the door person. We arrived early for our entry to the Medici Chapels, but they were not crowded, so we were let in right away. We also arrived early for the Uffizi, but with long lines and a busy day, we were let in about 10 minutes early after waiting outside for about 30 minutes.

Robin

I actually bought those tickets and then my travel agent said I would not get off the ship and to the location in time. I emailed and asked if I could arrive late and they said only 15 minutes late. They kindly refunded my money. Judy

Do you know who to email? I bought tickets online and I got the intial email but they said to expect another email in a few days. It's been 2 weeks and I haven't gotten anything, no confirmation number but they did charge my credit card.

When I booked the Uffizi Museum, it took 5 days to get the confirmation e-mail. Two weeks seems a bit long.

Anyway, I had to change the time of entrance due to our change of itenary, I had e-mailed to help@bassilichi.it for that request. I recieved the notification of "mail delivery failure." So, we wrote the letter and faxed to the number on the website, http://www.b-ticket.com/b-ticket/uffizi/default.aspx Our fax machine showed it did not go through, so we gave up.

The next morning, I recieved a confirmation e-mail with the new requested time. I guess something worked, though I don't know which one.

Also, I had to call them for another issue. The number I called was 011 39 055 294883. I had press the numbers several times to get to talk to a person, but it got through no problem. I don't know how much it cost us to call to Italy, but this might be the last solution, if e-mail and fax do not work. I hope this will help you to solve your problem.

When I booked the Uffizi Museum, it took 5 days to get the confirmation e-mail. Two weeks seems a bit long.

Anyway, I had to change the time of entrance due to our change of itenary, I had e-mailed to help@bassilichi.it for that request. I recieved the notification of "mail delivery failure." So, we wrote the letter and faxed to the number on the website, http://www.b-ticket.com/b-ticket/uffizi/default.aspx Our fax machine showed it did not go through, so we gave up.

The next morning, I recieved a confirmation e-mail with the new requested time. I guess something worked, though I don't know which one.

Also, I had to call them for another issue. The number I called was 011 39 055 294883. I had press the numbers several times to get to talk to a person, but it got through no problem. I don't know how much it cost us to call to Italy, but this might be the last solution, if e-mail and fax do not work. I hope this will help you to solve your problem.

Thanks so much for your help! After you posted the email address I emailed them and got a response back the next day. I had called them but after being on hold for over 10 minutes the message said "Call back another time".

Thanks so much for your help! After you posted the email address I emailed them and got a response back the next day. I had called them but after being on hold for over 10 minutes the message said "Call back another time".

You are welcome. I am glad you got your confirmation. Now I know that e-mail address works!!

Archived