4 days post cruise in Miami

dubberjas

I have 4 days to spend in Miami from the 26th of November I am just wondering about suggestions. I am going to try my hardest to get to a Heat game (depending on schedule's and player lockout) Just wondering other suggestions for a 33yr old single guy to do.

Also any suggestions of place to stay on Miami Beach for around $100 a night would be great.

Jason

I have 4 days to spend in Miami from the 26th of November I am just wondering about suggestions. I am going to try my hardest to get to a Heat game (depending on schedule's and player lockout) Just wondering other suggestions for a 33yr old single guy to do.

Also any suggestions of place to stay on Miami Beach for around $100 a night would be great.

Jason

You can probably hotwire a South Beach hotel for that price the end of November.

What do you want to do? Party? Upscale? Dive Bar?

Jason, for the Miami Heat game assuming the NBA season is not disrupted and they are playing a home game during your stay, you can use a web site called Stub Hub which is at http://www.stubhub.com to purchase your tickets. They are tickets that are owned by others and stub hub is used to buy and sell tickets.

Keith

how to describe "dive bar"....usually smaller, more local, not fancy, cheaper beverages....not much fancy stuff in terms of atmosphere......as opposed to fancy schmancy bars with all the fancy drinks, fancy decor, etc....

i am sure others will chime in.. ......dive bars can be lots of fun!!

BlueHerons what is a Dive bar? I dont mind a bit of a party but I also do want to experience something that cant be done in Australia hence the NBA game.

Google Club Deuce South Beach.

They have happy hour from 10AM to 7PM and are open from 6AM to 4AM. They found a store front 25 years ago, put a mirror and a bar against one wall, painted it black, installed a juke box, and never did another thing until Miami Vice the series not the movie came in in the 1980s and added some neon and a pool table (both are still there).

I once stood at the bar between Mick Jagger and a drag queen and that sort of thing is more the exception than the rule.

The Deuce is a one of a kind with cheap beer. It is a South Beach icon.

Archived