Best way to get Intercontinental Miami on Priceline

tassycatt

Check with www.betterbidding.com for specific bidding advice and past winning bids. I'm guessing 5-star and downtown Miami should narrow it down quite a bit.

Have you looked on Last Minute Travel to see if the IC is available at an attractive rate for your dates? :confused:

Good luck! :)

We are researching the same thing as you. From what I found looking at other web sites, there are several 4 star Miami hotels under Priceline category, the IC is one of them as well as Hyatt Regency, JW and maybe couple others.

So if you really have your heart set for the IC, use the LMT as others have posted and that will pretty much assure you the IC at around $111 (assuming your date is available for them).

If you are more open to other high end hotels and no particular preference as long as it’s within downtown Miami, you can try Priceline. I have seen rates from $75 to $85 in that price category. But you will not be assured of any particular hotel within that category.

So it’s up to you to either chance it with Priceline to get something cheaper or go with a more sure thing at LMT at $111.

The Intercontinental hotel is not always $111 on LMT. Prices sometimes change by the day and at times the IC is not even offered on LMT. It really just depends on the date.

Looked on LMT last night & this morn & looks like the Intercontinental is $149 (pre-taxes) for the date I need in Oct. Only need 1 night pre-cruise & think this is a great price for a 5 * hotel. Looking for something near POM & w/in walking distance to Bayside Market. You can walk to Bayside from the Intercontinental, right? Not sure if I should book this or wait, or be frugal & book something cheaper since it is only 1 night.

Advice/opinions welcome!

Lover the IC and area.Oct will be more $$. We stayed in Feb and it was 167 a night and that is high season. i seen it at 88 dollars before during low season.You can't compare prices unless the dates are included.You will never get teh IC in feb for 88 dollars.

Looked on LMT last night & this morn & looks like the Intercontinental is $149 (pre-taxes) for the date I need in Oct. Only need 1 night pre-cruise & think this is a great price for a 5 * hotel. Looking for something near POM & w/in walking distance to Bayside Market. You can walk to Bayside from the Intercontinental, right? Not sure if I should book this or wait, or be frugal & book something cheaper since it is only 1 night.

Advice/opinions welcome!

Yes, you can walk to Bayside marketplace from the IC hotel. Don't know if the price might go down. There are lots of nice hotels in that area.

I see people posting they get rooms here for less than 100 on priceline. What specific area do I put in, price, star rating for my best chance to get this one? Thanks!

Keep in mind both of your dates are peak season and the likelyhood of getting the IC for $100 are not good especially for your January dates because that is over the Miami Marathon. Last year most people were getting it peak season for $172.

Keep shopping and as soon as you see a good price, book.

I was just looking at that hotel for July 24th, one night pre cruise on LMT it is $157. Same as u, it's just one night, and I'm thinking I really don't want to spend that much. I can't believe how this trip is so last minute for me, usually a over-planner, but leaving in two weeks, just booked it yesterday. Betterbidding.com has nothing very current about bidding on downtown Miami, I did try bidding yesterday, i think I went up to $70 for a 5 star, got to add on a 4 star, and now have to wait till this afternoon again to bid. I also liked the marriott on Biscayne Bay, but there are no rooms available for the 24th ..... Anyone have input on Doubletree grand hotel on Biscayne Bay? I can get it for $114 on their website....

Thanks!

I was just looking at that hotel for July 24th, one night pre cruise on LMT it is $157. Same as u, it's just one night, and I'm thinking I really don't want to spend that much. I can't believe how this trip is so last minute for me, usually a over-planner, but leaving in two weeks, just booked it yesterday. Betterbidding.com has nothing very current about bidding on downtown Miami, I did try bidding yesterday, i think I went up to $70 for a 5 star, got to add on a 4 star, and now have to wait till this afternoon again to bid. I also liked the marriott on Biscayne Bay, but there are no rooms available for the 24th ..... Anyone have input on Doubletree grand hotel on Biscayne Bay? I can get it for $114 on their website....

Thanks!

I have not stayed at the Doubletree but it is right next door to the Marriott Biscayne Bay so I'm sure it would be fine. However I just looked on LMT for the date of 7/24 and the Intercontinental is $102. It's the hotel with 34 floors in the description. Looking at the others the hotel for $156 with 221 rooms is the Four Seasons, Conrad with 36 stories is $106, Hilton (3.5*) with 528 rooms and 21 stories is $101. Looks like alot to choose from for that date.

• 3 weeks later...

I just booked the Intercontinental December 23rd for our prenight stay before our Christmas cruise for $111 plus tax. $129 out the door is a great price and SUPER EASY.

Choose 5 star...they may hide the hotel,but you can look at the pictures and tell its the Intercontinental (I've stayed there before). Really modern lobby and amenities, and even a picture of the outside of the hotel on the waterfront.

(Thanks to you CC people as I wouldn't have even thought about booking this hotel through LMT...)

Archived