Do you get bathrobes in outside stateroom?

trinitytrees

Can anyone please tell me if we will get bathrobes in an outside grade stateroom. if not and we ask for them will we be charged?

our first cruise on princess.

thank you

Yes - the waffle-weave type. You can ask for them in your personalizer and if not there just tell your steward. Welcome - and have a great cruise!:)

Can anyone please tell me if we will get bathrobes in an outside grade stateroom. if not and we ask for them will we be charged?

our first cruise on princess.

thank you

Princess provides bathrobes free of charge in all staterooms. They may not be available when you check in, just ask your steward and they will be provided as soon as they come back from the laundry.

Unless somebody can prove me wrong, you cannot request them on the cruise personalizer on uk princess.com

That's OK. If you request it on the USA personalizer, the request is usually ignored. If the bathrobes are in your cabin when you arrive, it is a coincidence, not a result of the online request.

Unless somebody can prove me wrong, you cannot request them on the cruise personalizer on uk princess.com

I did try to go onto my cruise personalizer but there was nowhere to request one, so thanks for posting this, I searched and searched so now I know I wasnt/am not losing more sight than i thought.

thanks

Since it's your first time on Princess, I guess you should be informed that the waffle robes are pretty flimsy, if that makes a difference.

The waffle weave robes are not flimsy. I really like them. I hate the spa terrycloth robes. they are so thick and heavy I find them hot and uncomfortable to wear. I guess this is similar to the old mattress debate. ;) "One man's meat, is another man's poison"

The waffle weave robes are not flimsy. I really like them. I hate the spa terrycloth robes. they are so thick and heavy I find them hot and uncomfortable to wear. I guess this is similar to the old mattress debate. ;) "One man's meat, is another man's poison"

Even though I don't mind the waffle robes they are in fact flimsy and I would never think of stealing one as they are pretty weak when compared with other robes not to mention Princess would probably charge you $50 for something that can't cost them over $5 when bought in bulk.

If you request it on the USA personalizer, the request is usually ignored.

It's not that the request is ignored...it's because the robes need to be laundered between cruises.

I don't believe robes have ever been in our cabin when we embark; however, the steward is usually aware of our request and gets them to us that evening or the next morning.

Lew

We alway request robes on our personalizer and always have robes waiting for us. The waffle robes are marked "one size fits all". As long as you are thin, this is true, otherwise they made be on the tight side.:eek:

I happen to like the mattresses. I also like the robes. (I mostly wear them over a swimsuit on the way to the Lido, but recently found out on a thread here that that's apparently a faux pas on par with spitting in your soup.) But - sorry - they are thin and light, which translates to "flimsy" for me.

And the last time, one of the belt loops was missing. I'll never sail Princess again! ;)

I happen to like the mattresses. I also like the robes. (I mostly wear them over a swimsuit on the way to the Lido, but recently found out on a thread here that that's apparently a faux pas on par with spitting in your soup.) But - sorry - they are thin and light, which translates to "flimsy" for me.

And the last time, one of the belt loops was missing. I'll never sail Princess again! ;)

I saw a couple go to the pool wearing the tan "Lotus Spa" robes!:eek:

Would that be considered an uber faux pas?:confused:

Even though I don't mind the waffle robes they are in fact flimsy and I would never think of stealing one as they are pretty weak when compared with other robes not to mention Princess would probably charge you $50 for something that can't cost them over $5 when bought in bulk.

NO...., flimsy is a hospital gown. :eek: The waffle weave robes are fine for use on a cruise. Did you ever consider Princess makes them that way so people don't steal them? :rolleyes: A robe is a simple thing to throw in your suitcase if you feel so strongly about them. :D I usually bring my own little zip up robe and fuzzy slippers.

You will have the robes, just ask if you don't. There is no charge for them, unless you take them home. At 6'3 - 230lbs, I fit into a robe fine, not sure how big the other posters meant by big!

Secondly, talk about faux pas, on our second princess cruise, Mom and Dad at the breakfast buffet in their robes, PJ's underneath, 2 children directly behind them wearing their PJ's barefoot!

Tip of the day - Don't wear your bathrobes to breakfast!

Ken

Archived