Price Reduction on Solstice

IrishLassie

Does anyone think that the prices will be reduced for cruises on Solstice in Jan. ( the 8th. or the 29th. date )? And if so would we get the lower price if we have not payed in full by the final payment due?

Hi,:) it is really too early to tell if those prices will drop at this point.

Those sailings are 6 months out...just depends on supply and demand.

If you put a deposit down now and the price goes down BEFORE

final payment? Then, yes you can get the reduction. BUT, IF the price

goes down AFTER you make final payment you will not get any reduction.

Does anyone think that the prices will be reduced for cruises on Solstice in Jan. ( the 8th. or the 29th. date )? And if so would we get the lower price if we have not payed in full by the final payment due?
Hi,:) it is really too early to tell if those prices will drop at this point.

Those sailings are 6 months out...just depends on supply and demand.

If you put a deposit down now and the price goes down BEFORE

final payment? Then, yes you can get the reduction. BUT, IF the price

goes down AFTER you make final payment you will not get any reduction.

I think the critical issue is not when YOU make Final Payment, it is the date Final Payment is DUE.

AND If you have not paid in full by the final payment due, you will then lose your reservation, so NO you will not get a lower price.

HOWEVER at any time up until your Final Payment is due, if prices go down you are eligible to get this lower price if, and only if, you request that price while it is still in effect.

Thom

We paid $999 for a guarantee balcony our 12 day Med cruise in November on Solstice. I thought prices wouldn't go any lower. Then I saw them for $949 and had the price adjusted. THEN I saw C3's for $949, and picked out the one I wanted; then I saw an FV for $1009 and grabbed that! So yes they do change and can go lower. I could have gotten a 1B for $879!

I think the critical issue is not when YOU make Final Payment, it is the date Final Payment is DUE.

AND If you have not paid in full by the final payment due, you will then lose your reservation, so NO you will not get a lower price.

HOWEVER at any time up until your Final Payment is due, if prices go down you are eligible to get this lower price if, and only if, you request that price while it is still in effect.

Thom

Huh?:eek:..thought that is what I said. I guess I worded it wrong but

I meant once final payment is due...if the price goes down you will

not get that reduction. I just booked a cruise for Sept...it is beyond

final payment so if the price of my cabin should go down? Too

bad for me;)

I just checked those dates and the prices seem very good to me. I wouldn't think they would be any lower.

Hi IrishLassie,

Gotta agree here with SLK230RED... although we are going on our first cruise in January ... I've been watching prices in past years for Holiday & January cruises across various cruise lines.

And so must say that the prices we found for January 15, 2012 were excellent (Solstice ~ 7 Night ~ Eastern Caribbean)... We have a very desireable Consierge-Class C2 Cabin mid-ship "at the hump" and paid just over $ 1000 each (other years that would have just gotten us an Oceanview Window or sometimes a Balcony Staterooom) on a cruise.

We had originally thought we'd take a 1A Veranda Cabin mid-ship a couple of floors lower... BUT when I went to book I found that I could get a C2 Consierge-Class Cabin with a bigger balconey and all the CClass Extras for just $ 23.50 extra per person ($ 47 per cabin for the whole week)... such a bargain I couldn't resist !!

:):):)

We figure that the CClass Extras (and the bigger balconey) are worth several 100 dollars in value to us. :D

PS... Also notice that there has been a PRICE INCREASE on the cruise since I booked... so that might be as a result of demand.

Cheers!

Thanks everyone for the info. We have been quoted for a balcony cabin on Deck 7 2B 810.(western) & 860. (eastern) plus port, taxes & insurance, so I guess that's a good price. Now just have to decide if we're going to go! :D

Last year January prices dropped in the fall to lower than what they are now, and then in November or December they had senior and state residency discounts. Early December prices are good this week...I saw verandas for 799.

Last year January prices dropped in the fall to lower than what they are now, and then in November or December they had senior and state residency discounts. Early December prices are good this week...I saw verandas for 799.

Thanks again. We actually got the Sr. rate & state residency discount, & maybe the rate will go down lower. Just have to convince my DH to put the deposit down now & then wait till the final pymnt. is due! ;)

Yes, you do a mock booking, select the cruise and put in the info and click 'book now' and it will show all the prices.

I forgot to mention that last summer we booked a January cruise on Eclipse in AQ for $899 and got one of the huge balconies--I thnk the prices dropped in August--so you may want to hold out a while longer before booking.

... I just booked a cruise for Sept...it is beyond final payment so if the price of my cabin should go down? Too bad for me;)
You won't get a price reduction after Final Payment, but there are still things you can do. If more expensive cabins go down in price, you can use the amount you have paid toward upgrading to that fancier cabin. I think this is not allowed if it is an "Exciting Deal" [not sure of that, but that's what I've heard].

Thom

Just got off the phone with my TA & she got us a GREAT deal on Solstice & a "hump" cabin! Can't believe it.:eek: So I've got it on hold till DH gets home. YEA ! I'll keep checking till final is due to see if it goes any lower.:) Thanks again for all the replies to my original post.

If you can hold out for late Jan. you will likely get a good deal a few weeks before the cruise leaves. The holiday season is over (families cannot cruise then) and it is before spring break. January and hurricane season are usually the cheapest Caribbean cruise times. I'm sure they will load up the Tuesday specials with Jan. (and February for that matter) cruises after Thanksgiving.

You won't get a price reduction after Final Payment, but there are still things you can do. If more expensive cabins go down in price, you can use the amount you have paid toward upgrading to that fancier cabin. I think this is not allowed if it is an "Exciting Deal" [not sure of that, but that's what I've heard].

Thom

Hi Thom,:) I know....I know how the system works.

Archived