Current Captains Con't

I understand that an internal email went out today advising that Capt Tommy has left the company. Funny, though, when I heard about it, I thought the person had made a mistake and really meant his father who has been rumored as close to retirement. But, no, it is indeed Tommy.

captain tommy of the allure? so who's going to captain our cruise in august? from what i figured, it was supposed to be captain tommy...

RCI is on a path to remove all Norwegian masters. None of the upcoming officers are Norwegian. RCI can start a non-Norwegian on a lower pay scale. A captain told me to keep my eyes open...many changes are coming

Edited by wolfcathorse

rotations are usually 10 weeks on/10 weeks off unless of course they resign or are let go...

Adventure OTS - Capt Ole-Johan Grønhaug (started rotation 5-26-13)

Adventure OTS - Capt Ron Holmes

Allure OTS - Capt Johnny Faevelen (started rotation 6-9-13)

Allure OTS - ? ? ? ?

Brilliance OTS - Capt Manolis Kasselas (started rotation 6-15-13)

Brilliance OTS - Capt Henrik Sørensen

Enchantment OTS - Capt Shawn McDuff (started rotation 6-21-13)

Enchantment OTS - Capt Gus Andersson

Explorer OTS - Capt Olav Nyseter (started rotation 6-13-13)

Explorer OTS - Capt Henrik W Loy

Freedom OTS -Capt Tore Grimstad (started rotation 6-30-13)

Freedom OTS - Capt Tor Olsen

Grandeur OTS - Capt Trond Holm (started rotation 6-23-13)

Grandeur OTS - Capt Espen Been

Independence OTS - Capt Teo Strazicic (started rotation 5-26-13)

Independence OTS - Capt Arnolf Remø

Jewel OTS - Capt James MacDonald (started rotation 6-21-13)

Jewel OTS - Capt Thore Thorolvsen

Legend OTS - Capt Kjell Nordmo (started rotation 5-12-13)

Legend OTS - Capt Arild Hansen

Liberty OTS - Capt Per Kristoffersen(started rotation 7-13-13)

Liberty OTS - Capt Kjetil Gjerstad

Majesty OTS - Capt Dustin Castelsky (started rotation 7-8-13, only until 7-28)

Majesty OTS - Capt Rune Johnsen

Mariner OTS - Capt Yngvar Knutsen (started rotation 6-30-13)

Mariner OTS - Capt Flemming Nielsen

Navigator OTS - Capt Claus Andersen (started rotation 7-14-13)

Navigator OTS - Capt Frank Martinsen

Oasis OTS - Capt Patrik Dahlgren (started rotation 6-29-13)

Oasis OTS - Capt Trym Selvag

Radiance OTS - Capt Göran Peterson (started rotation 6-28-13)

Radiance OTS - Capt Sindre Borsheim

Rhapsody OTS - Capt Rob Hempstead (6-14-13)

Rhapsody OTS - Capt Rick Sullivan

Serenade OTS - Capt Anders Ingebrigtsen (started rotation 6-12-13)

Serenade OTS - Capt Karin Stahre-Janson

Splendour OTS - Capt Iv Vidos (started rotation 7-6-13?)

Splendour OTS - Capt Carl Graucob

Vision OTS - Capt Felix Shrecko Ban (started rotation 6-1-13)

Vision OTS - Capt Lis Lauritzen

Voyager OTS - Capt Sverre Ryan (started rotation 5-18-13)

Voyager OTS - Capt Charles Teige

Edited by wolfcathorse

Just back from the Indepencence of the Seas Spanish Mediterranean and met Capt Teo Strazic from Dubrovnik, Croatian. He sure is a funny Captain. He always ended his comments from the Bridge with Captain out!

He did not do a Captains corner but a charade show known as Stars and Stripes the CD team verses the Cruise Director (Joff Eaton) and his staff. Very funny but didn't start until 10:30pm and we had to be up very early the next morning for a tour.

Take care...

Irene & Miles

I understand that an internal email went out today advising that Capt Tommy has left the company. Funny, though, when I heard about it, I thought the person had made a mistake and really meant his father who has been rumored as close to retirement. But, no, it is indeed Tommy.

I'm very surprised to hear this. We sailed with him twice. I really enjoyed the Captain's Corner that he did on Adventure. And he seems to enjoy hearing the ship's horn almost as much as I do!:)

any predictions who will be the new captain of Allure when Captain Johnny goes on vacation

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

yes, given that we're sailing the week Captain Tommy was supposed to take over, i'm very curious....i sure hope it's someone with experience on the behemoths... :rolleyes:

or maybe we'll be really lucky and captain johnny will stay on.....

RCI is on a path to remove all Norwegian masters. None of the upcoming officers are Norwegian. RCI can start a non-Norwegian on a lower pay scale. A captain told me to keep my eyes open...many changes are coming

seems rather penny wise and pound foolish if you ask me.....

the Norwegians are the best out there...

all the money they save on all the salaries will be nothing compared to the cost of even one minor accident....and usually they're not all that minor...

Edited by alaska_planner

RCI changed their flags from Norway to Bahamas quite a few years ago and that enabled them to pay the Norwegians less, too. So more than a couple of senior officers have departed because they can earn more money working at home.

Here's an ancient post on the topic: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=81298

Edited by critterchick

Would you please let me know if captain johnny will be at the allure

on october 27, 2013 cruise out of ft lauderdale.

We were with him way back to july 1993 at the sovereign of the seas

and he was great!

I am rich rich from miami (new to this post business) althoug a member since 2010.my un; is mycruisecritic.com.

RCI changed their flags from Norway to Bahamas quite a few years ago and that enabled them to pay the Norwegians less, too. So more than a couple of senior officers have departed because they can earn more money working at home.

Here's an ancient post on the topic: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=81298

Although I thought the other scenario is that most of them have left their homes in Norway moving to countries like Spain, S. Africa or the USA where their money goes much farther and they can keep much more of what they earn. That alone is like getting a raise. :)

rotations are usually 10 weeks on/10 weeks off unless of course they resign or are let go...

Allure OTS - Capt Johnny Faevelen (started rotation 6-9-13)

Allure OTS - ? ? ? ?

Would you please let me know if captain johnny will be at the allure

on october 27, 2013 cruise out of ft lauderdale.

We were with him way back to july 1993 at the sovereign of the seas

and he was great!

I am rich rich from miami (new to this post business) althoug a member since 2010.my un; is mycruisecritic.com.

Here you go do the math!:eek: I would say no.

from what I've been told by a spouse, the ousting is getting more intense. As in being made the offer you can't refuse...or accept this severance package cuz we're we're firing you anyway....

when RCI changed flags, they never gave back the pay they took away from the captains, even though they said they would.

If you're talking about Bill Wright, I think he's left the fleet.

That has been mentioned a few times on CC but we have yet to see anything official from RCI. As someone noted in a different thread, he is still listed in the RC web site.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/behindTheSmiles/profile.do?INTERVIEWID=14

That has been mentioned a few times on CC but we have yet to see anything official from RCI. As someone noted in a different thread, he is still listed in the RC web site.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/behindTheSmiles/profile.do?INTERVIEWID=14

A lot of things aren't quite accurate at the RCI website. It's been almost a year since Capt. Bill has even held the position in that link. Even those questions are a bit outdated. The page obviously hasn't been updated in a long time.

Gina

A lot of things aren't quite accurate at the RCI website. It's been almost a year since Capt. Bill has even held the position in that link. Even those questions are a bit outdated. The page obviously hasn't been updated in a long time.

Gina

Very true Gina. But you would think if he was fired as some keep saying (see thread about who will be the next Captain of Quantum) the site would have been updated. I have a hard time believing he was fired. He is one of the best in the fleet. I hope he is still around.

Gina

Gina............I'll confirm to you.......and only to you, that Bill Wright is no longer on the payroll ar RCCL.

I can't say, with out being in breach of someything that Cruise Critic would get me for.......which is why I have gone underground.........or have just become a lurker. I miss my communications with you, but I'll pop up from time to time!!:D

Rick

Gina............I'll confirm to you.......and only to you, that Bill Wright is no longer on the payroll ar RCCL.

I can't say, with out being in breach of someything that Cruise Critic would get me for.......which is why I have gone underground.........or have just become a lurker. I miss my communications with you, but I'll pop up from time to time!!:D

Rick

I already know about it. No need for confirmation. I just thought I'd point out why the website has no validity in many ways. I realize, as do you, that RCI won't be making an "official" announcement. They've never made official announcements when captains are no longer with the company for whatever reason.

You know where to find me.

:)

I already know about it. No need for confirmation. I just thought I'd point out why the website has no validity in many ways. I realize, as do you, that RCI won't be making an "official" announcement. They've never made official announcements when captains are no longer with the company for whatever reason.

You know where to find me.

:)

Gina - With that said I will leave this topic alone. You have been around CC way longer than people like me and may have a lot more insight with such things. Thank you.