concierge question

During our March TA, I asked him to confirm our return flight reservations ( I had come a day early on my own to FLL and hadn't used the R reservations but kept them till I got to FLL). No problem but his computer was as so as everyone else's (satellite connection).

We were in one of the regular suites on the Mariner this spring. We had AC problems (cabin would get much too warm with control set on coldest setting) and had the cabin attendent get maintenance several times to fix it. It was fixed each time, but a day later the cabin would be hot again.

The forth time the temperature when back up...I talked to the concierge, while I sat there she called the head of the engineering and had him meet me in the suite with instructions to fix the problem once and for all. Twenty minutes later our suite was cooling down and stayed cool for the rest of the 2+ month cruise.

She also was willing to help us with some special needs in touring and travel plans. She was one of the staff that was reconized at the Mariners 10th Birthday Party as having been on the ship since the begining. She was a lot of fun to talk.

I saw her socializing with passengers at lunch and dinner in the Compass Rose regularly...single women and French speaking passengers, plus she hosted several small parties in the Observation lounge for various groups.

Was this Manuela, perhaps? A fireplug of an Austrian lady with short blond hair??? She is AWESOME!!!!! (So is Gudrun!)

The concierge is who you go to for something entirely out of the ordinary -- something nobody else has a clue as to how to handle. They have a lot of pull and I've had Manuela come off the ship to talk to the chief Port Officer and get the local maritimes to let me on board a day early in unusual circumstances, then grab one of my bags against my protests and lead me on board to a glass of champagne. (Invited her to dinner in Signatures after that!) She is absolutely Solid Gold. Regent must treat her pretty well, because I'm sure many people have tried to steal her away from them!!!!

Was this Manuela, perhaps? A fireplug of an Austrian lady with short blond hair??? She is AWESOME!!!!! (So is Gudrun!)......

That's her..she was great....told the huge (he would have made three of her)engineering officer to get the cabin cooler and see that it stayed that way! When he tried to give her the excusses that the maintenance men had been giving us, she basicly said "hog wash"...fix it for good and he did!

She did a couple of really cute acts in the crew shows too...absolute ball of fire!

I erred above -- I remember thinking that Manuela was Austrian but I think she revealed that her home is in Slovenia near the Austrian border. (Possibly Slovakia, but I think Slovenia. Somewhere gorgeous anyway!)

edit: I got to the Krew Kapers late and I guess I missed her act. That should teach me!

Archived