Room for 5 people

Rhitson88

Me, my wife, and our 2 daughters are going on the Dream in April. May be bringing my mother in law. Was contimplating whether to get the Deluxe oceanview that can accompany 5 people or just getting 2 conjoining rooms. The difference in price is about $1000!! But don't want my mother in law sleeping on something uncomfortable for an entire week. Can anyone let me know their opinion. Are these deluxe oceanviews bigger??I can't imagine 5 people trying to move around in a tiny little room on a daily basis. Thanks for any replies.

The deluxe OV MAY be 10 s.f. bigger, but with the 2nd bath, it really will not have more space than a regular OV.

A regular OV is 220 s.f. and I have seen some sites showing the deluxe OVs at 230 s.f.

two twins, two uppers and one convertible sofa.

2 bathrooms?? I didn't see that in the description. Is that extra vanity?? Not 2 toilets right??

Should be in the description as all say its two baths, one side with a shower and the other has a tub. I dont remember anyone saying if there are two toilets in the split bath plan.

Carnival_Dream_Family_Quint_3018.jpg.3043012742163d9a0bb3eb5818e71f35.jpg

Hows the sofa bed?? I personally can't stand sleeping on them at home. Are these ones any different?? And do you pull it out every night or hows that work?? And that has to take up a ton of space when opened I would imagine.

Hows the sofa bed?? I personally can't stand sleeping on them at home. Are these ones any different?? And do you pull it out every night or hows that work?? And that has to take up a ton of space when opened I would imagine.

See the picture. thats a convertible sofa (as opposed to what you are talking about). Its a sofa that the pillows can be taken off and its made up as a bed. The mattress is firmer than a twin.

No pull out sofa beds. In the picture is what it looks like. See the sofa bed (its orange), the pillows that you lean against are just removed.

See the picture. thats a convertible sofa (as opposed to what you are talking about). Its a sofa that the pillows can be taken off and its made up as a bed. The mattress is firmer than a twin.

No pull out sofa beds. In the picture is what it looks like. See the sofa bed (its orange), the pillows that you lean against are just removed.

I see now. Interesting. Would it be something you would put your mother in law on to save about 1000 bucks?? Lol. Seriously, thats the best way I can figure out what to do because I dont know how comfortable this thing is. Don't want her back hurting.

I see now. Interesting. Would it be something you would put your mother in law on to save about 1000 bucks?? Lol. Seriously, thats the best way I can figure out what to do because I dont know how comfortable this thing is. Don't want her back hurting.

why not give her one of the twins and you sleep on it?? If there are 5 in the cabins its not like much nooky is going to be going on Id think.

I know I would prefer a twin, but Im used to a topper, some like a firmer mattress and say its just fine.

My mom has stayed on one of those convertible sofas and liked it just fine.

We are going to be staying in one of those Deluxe Ocean View rooms with our family of 5 on the Dream next month.... I think it is a terrific option!

why not give her one of the twins and you sleep on it?? If there are 5 in the cabins its not like much nooky is going to be going on Id think.

I know I would prefer a twin, but Im used to a topper, some like a firmer mattress and say its just fine.

Haha!!! Yeah, I am gonna be doing that after talking to my wife. Thanks.

I would get the 2 adjoining rooms. Or get one OV and one inside across the hall if your MIL doesn't mind having a window and it will save you money. We did 3 people in a balcony once and it was pretty tight. For 4 people, we get a 2nd room.

I would go with two rooms as I found that the sofa is not back friendly for me

But your posting on a board where users swear 5 ina interior room is not bad !

Really?? You think so?? Hm, 1 negative is enough for me. We will see though.

We were going to have an extra person with us (so we would have

5 then) but it changed at the last minute. But my plan was to have

2 inside cabins right next to each other (a 3 person and a 2 person)

and I could have went to 1 inside quad or and Balcony quad after I found out it was only going to be the 4 of us. But I decided that

the extra space, privacy and extra bathroom for the little bit more money

was worth it. The balcony wasn't that big of a deal to me. But if you

wanted the balcony you could still have one across the hall. The inside

ones didn't adjoin but I had key card to get in the kids room so it was fine.

id rather have the $1000 for spending on something else.

I couldnt agree more!

Use the room to sleep, shower and then leave ...enjoy the ship, ports, etc.

I've slept on the sofa bed and so has my DD before and found it to be fine. I like firm beds. If something happens where she doesnt like it, maybe see if the kids will swap with her for a bunk.

Our last cruise we were really on a budget and did 4 in a balcony cabin. What helps with the five is, yes there are two bathrooms for showering, but you can also shower at the spa. I found this to be very convient myself. Got to do the hot tub or steam room before the shower. They have lockers, get key at desk, to put your stuff in, and plenty of towels to use. Also helps if some in cabin use more than one towel (2nd for their hair, etc :D) after showing.

Not only in the morning, but also after getting back from a shore day, getting ready for dinner, or even when getting ready for formal/elegant night.

My family and my best friends family have booked 2 of these Deluxe OV rooms next to each other. In my family its me, my husband, my 9 yr old and my 3 yr old. My friend's family is her, her husband, their 14yr old, 12 yr old, 9yr old and 4 yr old. We booked one of her children in our room so we would have 5 and 5. Our 3 yr old will sleep with us and same with their 4 yr old. Hopefully since the majority of the people in the rooms will be children it won't seem so packed. Getting more than 2 rooms would not have worked due to the ages of the childern! I love the idea of the split baths!

you cant put the beds together.....you will have 5 twin beds......1 sofa, 1 lower, 1 upper, 2 twins that CAN NOT be pushed together......

If one child sleeps on the couch, the second in the bunk above it, and the third in bed with the parents, then they won't have to deploy the second bunk, and can put the twins together. EM

With the 1.5 bathrooms, there is one toilet. I have read a few people stating this. One regular bathroom (identical to other bathrooms in regular staterooms), plus the 2nd half-bath with just a sink & junior tub. Some have stated that they shower in the junior tub, since it's bigger, and it keeps the toilet and the bigger sink area freed up for the others.

Carnival_Dream_Family_Quint_3022.jpg

I have slept on a sofa bed on the Conquest, and it felt soft and very comfortable. I loved it! It felt just as good as the regular beds. On the Miracle, the sofa bed was hard as a rock (literally), but so were the regular beds. On the Dream, I slept on an upper, and it was very comfortable, almost as comfortable as Dream's very comfy regular beds. If my experiences have held true, the Dream's sofa bed should be quite comfortable.

Archived